Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Keeping

2 posters

Go down

Book Keeping Empty Book Keeping

Post by CABBYJ Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:40 am

Tonight I'm attending a class on book keeping, and an intro to Quicken. Are there any key details I should watch for in relation to face painting business?
CABBYJ
CABBYJ

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-07-29

http://www.evolutionz.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Book Keeping Empty Re: Book Keeping

Post by Perry Noia Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am

honestly, all I do is keep a spreadsheet with headings: date, description, expenses, income. I can total all the stuff at the end of the year, keep all the receipts and come tax time, it's totally organized.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 am

I use Quicken. Love it.

Bookkeeping is bookkeeping - there is nothing unique about books for us vs. books for a plumber.

You just may name your expense accounts differently - Make-up/Supplies, Costume, Wigs, etc. depending on how specific you want to be.

I love Quicken because I just have to print off the different expense and income account reports at year end. No math involved for me!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down