Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airbrush Tattoo help!

4 posters

Go down

Airbrush Tattoo help! Empty Airbrush Tattoo help!

Post by cmeexpressions Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:27 am

I do airbrush temporary tattoos also. If any of you all do the same as well, how do you handle switching colors quickly? I have different bottles for each color but it still takes too long. My gun gets gunked up quickly too. I have one bottle with the 99% alcohol that I shoot through it before switching colors but it still takes too long. I really want a spectrum 2000 but it is way out of my budget. Any suggestions?

Carey Emory
C Me Expressions
cmeexpressions
cmeexpressions

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Airbrush Tattoo help! Empty Re: Airbrush Tattoo help!

Post by Tash Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:30 am

It might help if you have multiple guns. One permanently for the black and then say 3 more loaded with your most popular colours, then you can switch for similar colours. Then again by the time you get the guns and hoses and connectors and stand etc you may find the spectrum 2000 reasonable.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BATWilliamsMagic Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Right now we have only 4 guns, with separate bottles of paint for each color. I use each gun for 2 colors which can almost be blended (Black/white; Blue/Purple; Yellow/Orange; Red/Pink; green/brown). It doesn't eliminate the time to switch colors, but does reduce time by a fair amount. By using colors that would blend one into the other, you can get by with a little less cleaning out between colors.

If you get friends who want the same design....line them up in pairs so that you can go from one color to the other and back again, and be done with the design. Example: Panda Bear --- Spray on black on the first child, then switch to white. Next spray the white on the 2nd child, and switch back to black. Hope this makes sense to you.
BATWilliamsMagic
BATWilliamsMagic

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thepaintedpony Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 pm

I have a 13 gun set up and love it, but it took time. I use Iwata Revolution and Eclipse they are both great, I also do T-shirts so I have to have good guns.
I really don't care for the color changers you have to backwash the guns to much.
Buy your guns as you have the money, Bear Air has some great prices and naughty word Blick. Buy the best you can afford, it is worth it in the long run.
Thepaintedpony
Thepaintedpony

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-07

http://www.paintedponyairbrush.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thepaintedpony Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Oh that is so funny that there is Naughty Word there for the name... ok it is Richard Blick art supplies lol
Thepaintedpony
Thepaintedpony

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-07

http://www.paintedponyairbrush.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down