Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line management with two face painters

4 posters

Go down

Line management with two face painters Empty Line management with two face painters

Post by fancyfaces2010 Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:16 pm

I am painting at a hockey team's kids night soon and another painter will be joining me. We are getting paid an hourly rate plus tips. My question is, should we share a table (they can provide an 8' long table) and just have one line, with us taking whoever is next in line? Or should we have two separate lines and separate tables?

If we do one line, should we try to have the same design selection?

Anybody have any experience with this?

fancyfaces2010

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-04

http://www.fancyfaces.biz

Back to top Go down

Line management with two face painters Empty Re: Line management with two face painters

Post by Kris5115 Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:11 pm

I have done it both ways. If your skill level is comparable, I would recommend sharing a line and a design board/display. Connect with the other painter in advance and agree to the designs (yours or hers or a combo or whatever) and who will put together and bring the display.

If your abilities are very different, then I would recommend 2 displays and 2 lines so people know what they are waiting for and what they will get.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Line management with two face painters Empty Re: Line management with two face painters

Post by Affordable Face Magic Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 pm

There are 3 of us that frequently paint together for big events. Whoever got the booking decides how to do this. Two of us like to provide Word boards in this situation. That way, we put our own spin on each design. The third face painter prefers using a book. This is a little dicey sometimes. Our books get passed around, since we DO have only one line but we can all do anything, so not too much issue here. For a 2-4 HR gig, that 3rd face painter who likes her books (w/the visual assist) has taught us that less is better! Usually, even tho' we have chairs in our cars for back-up, she has taught us that "less is best". Clients usually provide table, chairs & shade! I use my A-frame w/pics only at a LONG event now.
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:34 pm

I prefer 1 line, menu word and keep families together that way the line always flow and 1 painter stick with the whole family, good for tips too that way you get the full tip instead of splitting it between other painters that paint the same family's kids.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down