Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to apply make up/ face paints to a practice head

3 posters

Go down

How to apply make up/ face paints to a practice head Empty How to apply make up/ face paints to a practice head

Post by ambie Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:29 am

I am new to face painting & just bought a Superstar practice head & using Snazaroo and Grimas face paints. I have just tried to apply a coat of clown white by Snazaroo to my new practice head with a sponge and it is really patchy. Is this normal as I had hoped to achieve a better finish using this practice head. Any help appreciated on application methods as it is something i really would like to do and i am very new at this.

ambie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-10-31

Back to top Go down

How to apply make up/ face paints to a practice head Empty Re: How to apply make up/ face paints to a practice head

Post by Kris5115 Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:42 am

Practice heads do have a different texture than real skin. Still, it should be possible to create an even base coat. Try adjusting the amount of water and really working the water into the paint to get a thick sticky consistency. Apply by dabbing / stippling. I'm not very fond of Snazaroo and prefer other brands like TAG, Wolfe, Kryolan, Kryvaline, and DFX.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

How to apply make up/ face paints to a practice head Empty Re: How to apply make up/ face paints to a practice head

Post by artyfacesbyluz Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:02 pm

I spray hair spray before I use it, it helps a lot with not staining.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ambie Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:29 am

thank you both for replying I will try adjusting product and spray head before applying product.

ambie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down