Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone else have this practice head?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone else have this practice head? Empty Does anyone else have this practice head?

Post by TinafromNY Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:53 am

I just bought this, should get it tomorrow. I can't wait. It's called "Celebrity Debra" (17-19" hair one) from Amazon for only $39.25. I already bought some Mr clean magic erasers (in case it stains). I loved it cause it looks very young, almost like a young teen, plus it doesn't have all kinds of eye shadow painted on, etc. Does anyone else have it?
Does anyone else have this practice head? 414mci10
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else have this practice head? Empty Re: Does anyone else have this practice head?

Post by Luvs to paint Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:07 pm

no, haven't seen one like her before and she does look nice. be careful when cleaning her that you don't erase her eyes and eybrows. I have to use pure acetone to clean my head and she took the paint (& eyebrows, eyes) right off.
Luvs to paint
Luvs to paint

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else have this practice head? Empty Re: Does anyone else have this practice head?

Post by TinafromNY Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:04 pm

thanks for the tip! I read somewhere about the magic erasers so I'm going to try that if it stains. I just love her face. Will let everyone know how she works out as I need some boards this weekend and I'm using this head to do the faces.
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvs to paint Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:42 pm

spray her good with hairspray and let it dry prior to painting her each time, it helps prevent staining. don't leave the paint on her too long either.
Luvs to paint
Luvs to paint

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowdrawing Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:19 pm

I have not seen that head before.
I have to try the magic eraser...my stained when I used TAG paints on it even though I washed them off within 5 minutes.
I use the hairspray trick also...but I got a little too impatient to let it dry the last time Smile It definitely does work!
shadowdrawing
shadowdrawing

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2012-08-19

http://www.shadowdrawing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 pm

great hairspray tip...thanks so much!!!!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:51 pm

I have seen this before, it is a hairdressers practice head. My niece bought one as she has just started the course in school.
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Robin Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:50 pm

two questions, first, I see a lot of information on this one lady's practice head, but I have heard that the practice head offered at face painting forum gets stained real easy, so I didn't buy one. But does anyone know if the hairspray works on those or the magic erasers? I am just starting out and every penny counts so I can't afford to buy one if I can't really practice on it. Second, when doing a party or another function, do we charge tax? I was told to get a tax ID number and I can see where that may come in handy when buying supplies but I really need to know if I am supposed to charge tax. Thank you in advance for any help ya'll can give me Razz

Red Robin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down