Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Face Painting

4 posters

Go down

New to Face Painting Empty New to Face Painting

Post by sammyq Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi, I'm new here and new to Face Painting. I'm surprised to find such a supportive group. Don't people living in the same area get competitive? How does everyone manage to stay so nice?

-Sammyq

sammyq

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-08-24

Back to top Go down

New to Face Painting Empty Re: New to Face Painting

Post by anniel Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:00 pm

We practice. ;o)

Seriously, though--look at your "competition" as fellow artists you will get to play with and learn from should you stay in the industry for any length of time. It is always nicer to have more friends, than less. Even those you may choose not to work with down the road, for whatever reason, you can still learn from. A lack of love always seems to clog creative channels.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Welcome to FPF sammyq. Anniel is so right. Networking w/fellow FP'ers is a great thing to do on many levels.
BTW: Let us know in your profile where you're from & you might hear from others in your area.
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:21 am

I only get annoyed with:
- Under Cutters (the real bad ones)
- Those not using cosmetic products (like craft paint and glitter)
- Those who would steal other artists photos and try to pass it off as their own.

I'm actually more friendly with face painters who are better and more on my level. We get along well.

Though one time this lady at my main weekly event kept putting up her face paint signs and offering it even though she wasn't supposed to. She did other things like tats, and henna, but Aryn and I are the main and official face painters for the event. So that was annoying, I wanted to stay friendly, but her work wasn't really up to snub, and i didn't want anyone mistaking her work for mine. Also insurance wise if some one got a rash from her they might blame me. And finally we were the official face painters, not her. I mentioned it to her once or twice, but she didn't take the hint. So i did end up having to talk to the event organizer about it. Haven't seen her since. oops! :/

So yeah there are always certain people you won't jive with, but i generally find the more talented and experienced the artist, the better i get on with them locally. I even have some 'noob' friends, but they are more hobbyist.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down