Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to face painting

4 posters

Go down

new to face painting Empty new to face painting

Post by munchkin298 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:14 am

Hi everyone am from st Helens and I have just started face painting my kit came today super excited hoping to learn from this site.
is there anything you can recommend for a beginner

thanks in advance xxxxx
munchkin298
munchkin298

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

new to face painting Empty Re: new to face painting

Post by fesspenter Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Dear munchkin298:
Welcome to the Forum!
I highly recommend you look through some of the questions asked in the New To Face Painting section. See if some of the newest members' questions are the ones you would like to ask.
There is also a section regarding your Kit. You can see that each painter has different loves, likes and dislikes. We all paint differently. We are each different painters with different temperaments. Some are brushes only, some are OneStroke Brushes, some are sponge & brush, some are RainbowBaseBlender & brush painters. No group is a better group than the other. They are each just.... different.
The Face Paint Forum Shop (in the colourful rectangle at the top of this column, just below the Summer Challenge rectangle) has competitive pricing and the shipping is FAST! The FPFS has some small palettes you can purchase to try out different colors and brands of paints. You can look around to see if there are face painters close to you and join in on a Jam. Poke around in other painters kits, try their brushes, split paint orders with them which cuts down on shipping costs for each of you. If one artist orders one color, you order a different color, split them yourself and swap them and you will have two colors for the price of one color.

I know I did not directly answer your question , and I only invited you to read some more. There are many years of collective wisdom in these threads. I learn a lot from these talented people who are generously willing to share their wisdom with us.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi Munchkin! and Welcome!!

A lot of us newbies post pictures over in the "New to Face Painting" section to start with, then branch out from there. There is a "Show and Tell” #1, 2, 3 and so on...love to have you! Very Happy (and most everyone is shy to start with, but don't worry, it is VERY supportive!!)

Are you in Washington? You might not have noticed, but this forum is INTERNATIONAL (I love that aspect, along with tons of other things about the forum!!) so that is why I was asking. Wink 
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen lewis Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:06 pm

What more can I say that hasn't been very well covered by both Lisa and Valerie above? Except maybe add my warm Welcome. You will find many great people on this forum and so very much information and help.
stephen lewis
stephen lewis

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down