Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you figure out a rate for non-profit?

3 posters

Go down

How do you figure out a rate for non-profit? Empty How do you figure out a rate for non-profit?

Post by Kal Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:02 am

Our local Head Start program called me and asked me to paint at their graduation picnic. I've been needing to figure out a non-profit rate for a while (because I knew things like this were coming) I just have no idea where to start. Please help?
Kal
Kal

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2014-06-29

Back to top Go down

How do you figure out a rate for non-profit? Empty Re: How do you figure out a rate for non-profit?

Post by missmolly Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 am

I offer my corporate rate either with a 2h minimum instead of a 4h minimum or without a minimum. It depends on how big the charity is and what the predicted budget for their event is.

We charge 40% less our regular rate, per hour with a 4h minimum for corporate events. If the client would like to book for less than 4h they are referred to our regular rates.

This is what I have in my email:

"Unfortunately we do not offer a discount to not-for-profit or non-profit organizations. Our standard rates are already discounted accordingly.

Unfortunately we cannot afford to work for free. We only volunteer our services and supplies for a couple choice charities that we support. Please refer to our standard rates."

I then go on to list our rates and services.

Honestly, if they're going to haggle me on price, or try to convince me to work for free, I have no interest in working with them. I would rather turn down the event in favour of not working at a discount.
missmolly
missmolly

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-04-20

http://www.kookyclowns.ca

Back to top Go down

How do you figure out a rate for non-profit? Empty Re: How do you figure out a rate for non-profit?

Post by jlirie Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 am

i am familiar with non-profit budgets and salaries in my area, a small but liberal city. translation, lots of non-profits, and lots of support for them.

unless they are a very small startup, they could be doing fine. most larger well known non-profits have stable budgets. their income comes from state, federal or local revenues (taxes), large grants, plus some smaller grants.

their staff salaries are usually well above minimum wage. and executive pay is usually equal to or higher than the average local salary.

so no need to feel too sorry for them.

i believe you can even ask to see their financials, if you want, as they should be a matter of public record.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:25 pm

My dayjob is non-profit management, and I've worked for local, provincial and national non-profits and charities. They generally have a budget or can get sponsors to pay for your services.

That being said my only discount for non-profits, that I will only offer at my discretion if I am inclined to support them, is 4 hours for the price of 3, all other charges still apply (i.e. travel, etc.)

And they have to be registered charities with Canada Revenue Agency, OR a registered non-profit society under the Societies Acts of Alberta or British Columbia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down