Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to quote for 4 weekends at Pumpkin Patch?

2 posters

Go down

What to quote for 4 weekends at Pumpkin Patch? Empty What to quote for 4 weekends at Pumpkin Patch?

Post by fancyfaces2010 Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:55 pm

I've been asked to face paint at a Pumpkin Patch every weekend in October, 6 hours a day.  They said they would work out an hourly rate with me so the customers only have to pay $1 per face.  Last year they had an employee do it, but she's unavailable this year.  The owner asked me after I face painted her daughter at a birthday party. I normally charge $75 per hour, and sometimes will do longer gigs for $50/hour.  Since this involves multiple hours and days, I'm wondering if I should give them a deal.  They said they would advertise for me.  It's a 45 minute drive to get there and I know it will wipe me out after 6 hours each day.  But if it pays well, it might be worth it.  It would be nice to have consistent work for a change.  Any recommendations?

fancyfaces2010

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-04

http://www.fancyfaces.biz

Back to top Go down

What to quote for 4 weekends at Pumpkin Patch? Empty Re: What to quote for 4 weekends at Pumpkin Patch?

Post by anniel Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:50 pm

Personally I would let them know your normal rate, and then dicker down to $50 if you have to (that is your discounted rate)--and tips. PP's can be hit or miss, depending weather, etc.--and you will be giving up the possibilty of booking higher paying events during those days. Remind the that you are covering your materials & insurance cost if you need to.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down