Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I get some suggestions on menu board for this weekends festival?

4 posters

Go down

Can I get some suggestions on menu board for this weekends festival? Empty Can I get some suggestions on menu board for this weekends festival?

Post by Terina Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:19 pm

So, I have this two day weekend event coming up. It is about 8,000 to 10,000 people I am told. So, I have been trying to rework my menu boards. I usually have a booklet that is pretty large with 8x10 pics that I lay out and some sheets with drawings on them so that they can decide in line, then I also have a photo album book. So, this is what I am thinking about doing instead...

I am going to purchase some poster frames and place some pics in each one. I want to categorize by price $5, $8, $10 so, I will have three boards. I can't really hang too much from the tent because we sell balloon animals and fairy wands, stuffed animals,and other novelties to them while they wait in line. Is there something better to do for a menu option. I did see some banners that someone had made, but, I don't really have the time to do that at the moment. Instead of separating by price should I separate by boy and girl?

My hubby takes the money for me, and then we hand out tokens so I don't have to have them separated by price, I just thought that might be easier for the customers. I just double check that the color of token matches what design they say they want. If it is marked for a half face token and ask for a full face design then I double check with him. But so far I have had no issues with that. Also, I just added the glitter tattoos.I have debated on doing it for about a year. What do you guys charge usually. I was thinking of just charging that with my cheek price??? This will be my first event with them. I think they are really neat and will sell well in this area. Thanks for the suggestions ahead of time. cyclops
Terina
Terina

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.royalmagicevents.com

Back to top Go down

Can I get some suggestions on menu board for this weekends festival? Empty Re: Can I get some suggestions on menu board for this weekends festival?

Post by Tash Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:01 pm

The glitter tats take time - and you can only use the stencil once so I would be charging at least $5 for one.
The price boards are a good idea - but just seperate the girls and boys designs on the board - as girls will often get a boy one but a boy will never get a girl one.
Some people use colored sticker dots - yellow for $5 ,red for $10 etc
I don't use boards if I can help it but at a festival it's kind of necessary.
Did you try searching for menu board threads with the search feature up the top of the forum?
This topic has been discussed a lot and nearly everyone here does it differently....lol
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Can I get some suggestions on menu board for this weekends festival? Empty Re: Can I get some suggestions on menu board for this weekends festival?

Post by Terina Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks! my lowest for anything is $5. I just feel like it is not worth my time if I don't charge at least that to cover cost. But was really unsure about the tats. When I called to verify today the director of the festival was very excited about the tattoos and plans to get one herself. So I want to make sure that I do charge enough.

Two boards seem more workable than three. So I think I will go with a girl one and a boy one. I just looked up the banner idea,and then I saw how someone did a hanging holder. But, I will try that to see what I can come up with. Thanks for the suggestions!
Terina
Terina

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm

yeah, there are almost as many ways to do menu boards as there are face painters out there... the rest don't use them at all LOL. I don't personally do glitter tats but I've seen them priced by size, some of the larger ones take a LOT of glitter.

I currently have banners from vistaprint, but I used to use 4x6 laminated photos with holes punched in the tops of them and put them in a row on a string... kids can't take them and it is rather eye catching. Takes a while to put up though and I wanted something quicker.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Terina Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:14 pm

I think it was your thread that I must have seen the banners on then. I really like those. I think they look crisp and clean. I just bought some poster board frames today. I think I am going to try to do a boy and girl menu, but, I did talk to the banner guy that does my other stuff. I told him I wanted to order some menu banners. I looked at Vista Print but I can't figure out how you arranged all of those photos on there...did they charge a fee for each upload? I am sure it would be cheaper...I paid $100 for my fancy banner. But, it is really great. He did the design work better than I expected. But, for menu banners...I want CHEAP!
Terina
Terina

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:55 pm

I actually arranged them all in my photo editing software and made it into one big image with the writing and everything.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:03 pm

I got the idea from someone else on here...but i bought a clear plastic shoe holder and put in big pictures of what iwas going to do and just tied it up to the tent. I always change my pictures around so so thats why i haven't gotten anything permenent.
BluAngL83
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down