Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to store my 10g TAG round cakes?

4 posters

Go down

How to store my 10g TAG round cakes? Empty How to store my 10g TAG round cakes?

Post by PaintFreak Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi all, I have 2 of the 12 color TAG 10g sampler palettes and I plan to order another sample palette soon. I will have a total of 30 colors and I want to store all of them in one case for ease of use. Do you have any good ideas? I saw a clear slim line case in the scrapbooking section of Michaels and thought of attaching them with velcro circles, but that's not ideal. One day I'll graduate to the TAG 12 color 30g palette, but for now, this will have to work for me. Does anyone know what type of foam I need for this and where I can find it? Thank you for any help you can offer.
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-10-31

Back to top Go down

How to store my 10g TAG round cakes? Empty Re: How to store my 10g TAG round cakes?

Post by DebbieB Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:43 pm

I went the scrapbooking/velcro route but instead of the circles, I used the strips. You can get them at Walmart, etc and I just stuck them down on both sides of the case and put the other piece on the bottom of my paint container and voila, I have it where I can remove them and change them out when I need to.

How to store my 10g TAG round cakes? 20140611
DebbieB
DebbieB

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-09-09

http://www.debsdreamydesigns.wix.com/debs

Back to top Go down

How to store my 10g TAG round cakes? Empty Re: How to store my 10g TAG round cakes?

Post by PaintFreak Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Ooooh it looks great! Where did you find the black box? Michael's only had clear.
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbieB Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:14 pm

I sprayed it with a can of black spray paint that is made to bond to plastic. You can also buy the velcro in black but there wasn't any in stock, so I got white. This works for me because I believe I am too anal to have my cakes down in foam because it will drive me insane to have the foam get dirty. Plus, only certain brands fit in the foam and I didn't want that headache, so I made it to where I can fit anything.
DebbieB
DebbieB

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-09-09

http://www.debsdreamydesigns.wix.com/debs

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintFreak Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:50 pm

Those are all good points. I considered getting an empty tag palette from the forum shop & doing the velcro, but I'm reluctant to spend the money since I plan to get a gun case or fatmax in the next month or two & may not end up using the palette for very long.
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintFreak Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:16 pm

Well, I bit the bullet and included an empty TAG palette with my new forum shop order. I just love the way those palettes looks. Now I just need the velcro. I'll find an efficient & permanent way to incorporate the palette into my new kit. Thank you for the great advice!

BTW, I love the scorpion in your avatar. It's amazingly realistic and the shadowing makes it look like its really perched on your arm!
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:48 pm

never hurts to look professional, and if you don't want to diy, might as well buy it Smile
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Chennell Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:52 pm

PaintFreak wrote:Well, I bit the bullet and included an empty TAG palette with my new forum shop order.  I just love the way those palettes looks.  Now I just need the velcro.  I'll find an efficient & permanent way to incorporate the palette into my new kit.  Thank you for the great advice!

BTW, I love the scorpion in your avatar.  It's amazingly realistic and the shadowing makes it look like its really perched on your arm!

Wal-Mart sells industrial strength velcro. Thats what I used for my mini briefcase.
Niki Chennell
Niki Chennell

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2014-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down