Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Color - How to mix my own???

4 posters

Go down

Custom Color - How to mix my own??? Empty Custom Color - How to mix my own???

Post by nikisteel Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:32 pm

Has anyone ever tried to mix a custom color of face paint? I need to match the teal blue of the Jacksonville Jaguars but I can't find anything close enough. When I Google the Jaguars their "teal" (which is what they call their blue) is not like anything I have. I have blues in Tag, DFX, Wolfe, and Star Blend but none of them match. I thought I could mix my own but I don't know how. Any ideas???
nikisteel
nikisteel

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Custom Color - How to mix my own??? Empty Re: Custom Color - How to mix my own???

Post by vanessa1 Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:44 pm

I personally would mix 3/4 neon blue TAG with 1/4 regular Teal TAG and smoosh the two colours together till I had them well blended (adding water for painting will help blend the colours that final bit at application)
This is going by my colour swatches of TAG and Global.

I will see if I can mix up a sample in a bit for you. - Keep in mind I am going by google images for the colour - of which there are many hues!!!

vanessa1

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-08-07

Back to top Go down

Custom Color - How to mix my own??? Empty Re: Custom Color - How to mix my own???

Post by vanessa1 Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:02 pm

Ok so I mixed it up and I would add in a bit of TAG regular dark blue once you have the other two mixed, adding in the tiniest amount at a time - miniscule amounts to get a slightly darker shade. I know this isn't all that helpful if you dont have these colours but it may give you an idea of how to get there.

I cant stress enough to go very lightly on adding the dark blue as its very strong.

vanessa1

Back to top Go down

Post by nikisteel Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:15 pm

Thanks so much Vanessa. I wasn't sure if smooshing them together would work. I will try this. (I think it is weird that they call their team color teal. To me, teal has more green in it like the TAG teal.)
nikisteel
nikisteel

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessa1 Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:35 pm

I used a knife as I was only mixing a teeny amount but they combined just fine - I should think it would be easier if you are doing it like playdough.

Maybe have a play around and try adding black instead of the dark blue.

vanessa1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:11 pm

i've mixed snazaroo colors successfully, so i second the idea.

i ended up stirring & kneading small amounts together with the other end of a paint brush (the pointed end, not the bristle end).

i used a brush that wasn't important, in case it broke, but it didn't.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:30 am

Before split cakes all my bits and pieces became a new custom color...I would spritz them, warm them in the toaster oven, and them smoosh them with a fork & blend them that way. If I had huge color spotches when I pressed the back into a cake, they even out easily during sponge work.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down