Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TearDrops Swirls and Lines Oh My

4 posters

Go down

TearDrops Swirls and Lines Oh My Empty TearDrops Swirls and Lines Oh My

Post by POiiSoN-RAiiNBoW Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Hey all, well i have been watching video clips reading things here and there, but wanted to ask yous on your tips and tricks with your line practice. I practice every day any chance I get between my household and my two year old, most days once everyone comes home I am covered from head to toe in lines Very Happy

I have found with tear drops I do better at them when I go from thin line to the drop at the end, I can never get the right about of lift off when i go from thick to thin in tear drops.

And any other lines or what ever I can practice that yous know that can be helpful links pictures or anything I want it all Laughing Thank you Cool
POiiSoN-RAiiNBoW
POiiSoN-RAiiNBoW

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

TearDrops Swirls and Lines Oh My Empty Re: TearDrops Swirls and Lines Oh My

Post by fesspenter Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Line work is our "language" we use to communicate a design. After 16 years... I still practice.
Teardrops
from from thin to thick
from thick to thin
from big teardrops to smaller and smaller teardrops, with the small end all pointing to one central spot.
from small teardrops to bigger and bigger teardrops, with the small end all pointing to one central spot.
try teardrops with a swooshy swirl at the small end
teardrops with a swooshy swirl at the large end

Lines
thin to thick to thin to thick to thin
(Marcela Murad has a great tutorial on YouTube regarding this line work

Swirls
try swirling clockwise
and then counterclockwise

Scrolls

Starbursts

I have ruined two sets of king sized sheets because I failed to wash off the Wolfe black after practicing tribal lines on my legs. I still use the sheets. I just bought some more in BLACK!

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:25 pm

i find it essential to have one of the good brands of paint for details (in my case, wolfe white & black, also dfx, tag, some have mentioned cameleon), as well as a good brush (firm synthetic bristles, bristles hold smoothly together in the proper shape, pointy tip that stays together as you paint).

then like fesspenter said, practice all different types of details, both the shape, and placement in designs.

it's also useful to practice details on bare skin, for those that surround a design; as well as on top of base coats, for details that are part of a design.

painting on bare skin is usually easier, no partly dried base coat to smear or dull the details. painting over another layer of paint usually requires a well loaded brush and fairly quick, exact technique to lay the paint down.

hesitating or going too slowly can lead to smearing and wiggly lines or mistakes.

for animal stripes, a technique i use, and others have also mentioned, is to start in the middle of the stripe, begin painting a thicker line, then pull out to a thin point, then go back to the middle and pull out to a thin point in the opposite direction. you can do this for the curved stripes, too.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:53 am

great advice ladies!
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by POiiSoN-RAiiNBoW Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Thank you for the awesome advice ladies.
POiiSoN-RAiiNBoW
POiiSoN-RAiiNBoW

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down