Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mehron fantasy fx glow in the dark face paint

5 posters

Go down

mehron fantasy fx glow in the dark face paint  Empty mehron fantasy fx glow in the dark face paint

Post by jlirie Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05 am

hi all,

has anyone used mehron fantasy fx glow in the dark face paint? this is not uv paint, but glows in the dark after being exposed (charged) to light (phosphorescent).  it comes in a 1 oz squeeze tube.

i am wondering if it can be charged in the tube, or if it must be exposed to light after being painted on?  and does it glow well, and how long would the glow last?

i would be using it at an evening of "fun runs", from around 6-8 pm. (runs begin at 7 & 8 pm). it would still be light at 6, becoming dusk after 7, and pretty dark by 8 pm.

also, any other glow in the dark makeup that is trustworthy?  i see a bunch of novelty stuff around.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

mehron fantasy fx glow in the dark face paint  Empty Re: mehron fantasy fx glow in the dark face paint

Post by eviedejesus Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:51 am

I personally haven’t used any but I’ve read not so great things about the glow in the dark stuff (hard to use, doesn’t really glow). I can’t remember now where I read it though. I’m interested also in hearing from someone that has actually used it.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

mehron fantasy fx glow in the dark face paint  Empty Re: mehron fantasy fx glow in the dark face paint

Post by anniel Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:31 am

I got it one year super cheap & tried it at the haunt. I did not care for it. It was probably best used as you would a gel or cream. (In the hair or maybe in a squeeze bottle like glitter gel?) But as an add on any other way, I was relieved when it was gone. That being said, the actors I applied it on loved it--go figure.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:18 pm

All neon colored paints are bright and vibrant in daylight. UV means blacklight reactive the paint may or may not be vibrant in daylight but glows when "charged" with Ultra Violet rays aka UV or Phosphorescent.

While Mehron has reformulated this makeup and it is better than in the past a better "paint" for your needs would be Kryolan UV Dayglow or Wolfe Neon (which is in the process of being reformulated).

I just got the Mehron UV BLAME skin markers but have not tried them.

All must be under black light to glow in the dark per se. Your not going to charge it up in tube or palette they apply it hoping it will glow on runner. Not going to happen.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:33 pm

There is a paint that claims to be “glow in the dark” without a black light - like the star stickers we put on ceilings - pretty sure that is what she is referring to.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:41 pm

I've used a glow in the dark face paint last year that i got at Studio FX. Can't remember what brand, they just gave me a sample, but said it was pretty high end stuff.

It was terrible! What a goopy mess. Again not sure what brand it was, but i wouldn't use it again.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:00 pm

yes, i'm referring to mehron glow in the dark, separate from their uv, kryolan also makes one.

i also read a review that this one was goopy and messy. if the high end stuff is problematic, maybe i will buy the novelty version locally, as a guide to see how it performs.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:03 pm

i'd be interested in hearing how the BLAME pens work, too, as i may dabble in the uv paints.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:12 am

sweet loretta - do you have any more info on why/when wolfe neons will be reformulated & back on the market? i notice they are conspicuously absent from most suppliers.

are they doing it so all the ingredients will be fda approved?
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down