Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell me about Mehron Fantasy FX

3 posters

Go down

Tell me about Mehron Fantasy FX Empty Tell me about Mehron Fantasy FX

Post by Staley Tue May 20, 2014 7:12 pm

I have had a couple of people ask why I do not use "the kind in the tube" and I have just said because I like these (cakes). However, I have never actually used the tube kind and the only ones I see, other than the Halloween supplies, is Fantasy FX.

Can someone give me an idea of what those would be more useful for, if anything. All I can think of is maybe the fact that you will toss what you don't use - so it appears cleaner.

One gal said she could not get good coverage with cakes and likes the tube kind better (she could not name a brand though). I told her that it may have been the brand or that she had not practiced with the cake before hand and wasn't getting the water to paint mix correct. She was a mom who had helped at a few different events - not a face painter- so she was using whatever was supplied.

I`m curious about the differences but not curious enough to spend more money right now. I am pleased with what I have at the moment. (not really, I keep seeing more colors that I want).

Staley

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Tell me about Mehron Fantasy FX Empty Re: Tell me about Mehron Fantasy FX

Post by Forest-Fairy Thu May 22, 2014 2:43 am

tried stuff like this in makeup school. Expensive and a waste of time. i found it goopy, and if you put it on too thick it cracked. And we had to set it with powder.

Cakes are where its at.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Staley Thu May 22, 2014 10:19 am

Good to know. Thank you.

Staley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Thu May 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Mehron Fantasy FX is good makeup. Like every makeup product it has it's place. If you are doing some face painting for theater production or even a Halloween makeup, where you need solid consistency and quick coverage this may be an option. The metallics are stunning. Good coverage takes knowing how to use the product. For face painting it is easier to use water activated cakes. Lots of people end up trying to face paint with the creamy ready to use makeup because they can get these at local costume shops.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Staley Fri May 23, 2014 2:21 pm

That makes sense. I will be sticking with the cakes but it is good to know how to respond to the questions from others about a product that I have not used.

Staley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down