Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow split cake or 2 color split cake?

4 posters

Go down

Rainbow split cake or 2 color split cake? Empty Rainbow split cake or 2 color split cake?

Post by bonsumart21 Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:36 am

So I'm looking at buying my 1st pro. Set of face paints but I'm torn.  Do I buy a bunch of the TAG 2 color splits or do I buy the tag one stroke cakes? If I get the one stroke should I also get the primary tag color set?  Do you use the individual colors in the one stroke?  Should I get the tag 2 color splits and then just get some one stroke; rainbow, neon, fairy? Thanks for your help.

bonsumart21

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-11

Back to top Go down

Rainbow split cake or 2 color split cake? Empty Re: Rainbow split cake or 2 color split cake?

Post by Giggle Loopsy Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:55 am

It all depends on what designs you are wanting to do.  I'm a one-stroke painting kind of girl, but I love making my own split and rainbow cakes.

My advice to you is to get plain colored cakes and experiment with combining different colors into one cake to match the designs you create.  

This is also the most affordable way to do it and you have much more control over the color combinations.

TAG is a really good quality paint and it applies nicely.

Lastly, I wrote a split cake blog post along these lines that you may find helpful.  

Good luck to you!  Let us know how it all works out.   Smile
Giggle Loopsy
Giggle Loopsy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://giggleloopsy.com/

Back to top Go down

Rainbow split cake or 2 color split cake? Empty Re: Rainbow split cake or 2 color split cake?

Post by tashasbowtique Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:50 pm

I jus tbought a bunch of solid colors! and I will buy more in the future it'll be split 1 stroke cakes =D
tashasbowtique
tashasbowtique

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:04 pm

i don't but the splits with only 2 colors because i can just make that effect by dipping the sponge in one cake then the other.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down