Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Designs - In your....?

4 posters

Go down

Designs - In your....? Empty Designs - In your....?

Post by PixiePaintrix Fri May 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Once you start painting lots of designs, do you keep them all in your head or do you just know what to do?

Like if someone asks for a video game character, do you have a cheat sheet, design page, etc to remind you how you do it, or do you just wing it?

I've been doing everything from memory, but sometimes I realize that I missed a detail that would really make something pop! I don't know if it's just my inexperience or if anyone else has that problem and if they have any work arounds.

I am really trying not to have design boards, as I like doing whatever the kids want LOL!
PixiePaintrix
PixiePaintrix

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2014-01-13

http://www.pixiedustpirates.com

Back to top Go down

Designs - In your....? Empty Re: Designs - In your....?

Post by JJJJJ Fri May 09, 2014 7:54 pm

The more you do them, the more "into" your head they become. But, after a long season off (like the winter months or when a design isn't chosen for a while), I will often have to refer to the photo for a few seconds. And sometimes I leave something out and it hits me on the drive home from the festival and I'm all "arrrrrrggggghhhhhh" while at the same time, the child is probably already washed and in bed!  Very Happy And if I get a request for something I've never done and feel I can't wing it, I will ask them to get a photo of it on their phone.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by tobilou Sun May 11, 2014 2:07 pm

I like to keep pictures of my designs on my tablet and set it so the screen doesn't shut off, then have it facing me while I paint.    
Design boards don't work for me either because kids get so fixated on certain parts of a picture and if it's not exactly the same they can get disappointed.  There's no greater buzz kill then a kid not liking your painting because it's missing one stinking dot somewhere.

Last edited by tobilou on Sun May 11, 2014 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm hungover)
tobilou
tobilou

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2014-02-01

http://www.pixiecheeks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Party Picassos Thu May 15, 2014 1:33 am

I have 5 sample sheets: girly/pretty/princesses
super heroes/villians/scary stuff; animals of all sorts; sports; cartoon/movie/comic characters

If it's a design I don't do much, I sneak a peek. If it is not EXACTLY the same as the photo, I explain to the child that every masterpiece is an original!
Party Picassos
Party Picassos

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-18

http://www.partypicassos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down