Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROCK STAR!

+2
veelux
JJJJJ
6 posters

Go down

ROCK STAR! Empty ROCK STAR!

Post by JJJJJ Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:43 pm

So at many parties (except the ones where they are all over the place like ants at a jelly factory explosion), you arrive and they are waiting for you. The little ones. The face painter is here! The FACE PAINTER is here!!!!

Today was one of the better versions of that. I arrived 45 minutes into the party and just inside the door, "they" (the swarm of very cute five and six-year olds) were gravitationally sucked toward me like those iron filing and magnet experiments in high school.

I don't think I've ever had such an immediate big large crowd, all eating me with their expectant eyes and wanting their painting before there was anything to show them except a closed up Fatmax and two non-turned around design boards.

They were: a million baby birds with their throats arched waiting for their worm jubilee; a school of google-eyed fish with their mouths softly opening and shutting in anticipation of the bread crumbs I could throw; a bunch of fuzzy puppies nudging each other aside to get at a giant bowl of milk.

They were: adorable.

I told them they had to wait till my painting hat was on, and that would be after the five minutes it takes to set up. They remained, like dutiful iron filings, following the law of nature, unable to budge, knowing that there was ... FACE PAINTING in that Fatmax.

I am a fairly good alto, and can stay in key. I can't play, but know how to tell the difference between a guitar and a ukelele. I can hammer out a fairly good set of scales on the piano I sold two years ago. It's fair to say, at 51, that life this time around did not have any plans to make me a rock star.

Except, in mini-doses at parties for six-year-olds. Because today I got a three-minute taste for it (I unpacked much more quickly than usual, because, as I said, they were going to eat me with their eyes). Being the face painter gives you temporary rock star status at Sunday afternoon parties all over America.

I'll take it. The hours are better too. I love you I love you I love you 

Tell YOUR sweet stories. This Forum is January quiet lately. pirat 

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

ROCK STAR! Empty Re: ROCK STAR!

Post by veelux Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:29 pm

That's a cute story JJJJJ. They are precious and beautiful.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:58 pm

I must say you tell fantastic stories and your writing is wonderful. I could read about your events every day and I know I would never be let down.
Here is to more happy painting...
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Party Picassos Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:26 pm

I also feel the sense of euphoria when arriving at a party. Yeah! The face painter is here. "No autographs, Wina, just paint my face!" I was never in the popular group throughout my years of school, but NOW...as long as I have paints in my hands, I am the MOST popular person in the room. It's not only the kids who hug me and kiss me when I leave. The adults are thanking me and hugging/kissing me too. I have become more than the hired help; I am family and that feels great.
Party Picassos
Party Picassos

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-18

http://www.partypicassos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:30 pm

Like a Star @ heaven  It does feel good sometimes...
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Thanks Veelux, Gypsy, Picasso, for sharing. It is a nice feeling and a great part of the job. And thanks for mentioning the writing Gypsy. I live to write (but they don't line up for it at festivals!). And so, onward painting!  cheers 

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneezle Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:38 pm

That's so cute, i can picture what you are telling, so very sweet. Very Happy Thanks for sharing, you could write lovely columns for Illusion magazine Wink
Sneezle
Sneezle

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:49 pm

JJJJJ,  I love you  I love you  I love you  the way you told your ROCK STAR experience! SO sweet!
Besides having fun painting, isn't this why it is SO much fun to do!
(minus the dread nutbars  affraid but that is not for this thread  Wink  )
You ARE quite the writer, I must say!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:46 am

JJJJJ wrote:Thanks Veelux, Gypsy, Picasso, for sharing. It is a nice feeling and a great part of the job. And thanks for mentioning the writing Gypsy. I live to write (but they don't line up for it at festivals!). And so, onward painting!  cheers 
Yes I know about that unfortunately. I use to dream that I would have a gallery showing of my beautiful landscapes and French Quarter scenes. I thought they should sell like hot cakes. But that did not happen either. It's nice to be painting again even if it is on a moving canvas and people do line up for me now. I am so happy painting. Someone has this on the bottom of their post (I can't remember who now), every child is an artist but the trick is to learn how to stay an artist. Maybe that is not the exact quote but it is close.
It's never too late and maybe one day the publishers will be ready for your book.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:30 am

Gee Gypsy, you could start to be my daily therapy post!  Very Happy Very Happy 

Thank you  I love you 

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:55 am

JJJJJ wrote:Gee Gypsy, you could start to be my daily therapy post!  Very Happy Very Happy 

Thank you  I love you 
 lol! 
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down