Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star blends

4 posters

Go down

Star blends Empty Star blends

Post by grinmpt Sun May 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi all - been watching some "how-to" vids with Starblends. They look so simple. Should I bother or does the same as paint? Love to hear your opinions 1 vs the other....thanks for your experienced input!

grinmpt

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-05-09

http://www.gawipaint.com

Back to top Go down

Star blends Empty Re: Star blends

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Personally, I don't like the Starblends dry. They are pancake make-up - foundations that are water activated. You CAN use them dry as a powder (particularly in the fantasy colours they now have, they used to be in foundation shades only). I've used them wet for theatre (changing white women into black men... Star blends Icon_rolleyes etc.) and there is a technique for working with them. They are NOT good as face paint wet as they do not work with a brush at all.

I have a few foundation shades in my make-up kit, but have no use for them in my face painting kit.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Sun May 30, 2010 11:31 pm

I use starblends as part of my face painting kit as well as paints. I use the star blends with a sponge for full coverage face designs, they blend great. It just really depends on the look that I am after whether I will use the paints or the starblends. They provide a good base for paints to go on top of. In my kit I have all the primary colors and one flesh tone a black and a white.

Perhaps if you have an interest, maybe start with one or two and see how well they work for you. If you find they aren't for you no real big investment wasted.

hope this was helpful
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon May 31, 2010 8:17 am

Stablend fantasy colors? What is that? I am so hoping they finally came out with a pressed version of all the shimmer powders out there. I so love the shimmery powders but wish someone would come out with a pressed rather than loose powder.

I would agree to try one or two. Orange and Red are good to try. Some love them, some hate them. I didn't really feel like they covered too well, but that was three years ago. I myself am tempted to try again. I have recently found that products I wrote off years ago, now might be better that my skill has improved. I wouldn't touch Snaz white until about a two months ago. I have now rediscovered it for bases and couldn't be happier!

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Mon May 31, 2010 6:09 pm

I love starblend powders for certain situations. I always do my spiderman w/ starblends. It's easier on the boys faces & so quick. I also like to use them when working w/ younger kids or fidgety kids. They don't feel so wet & gloppy & the kids don't even notice they have paint on. I use them as a base & do line work w/ paint. I also just got Ben Nye Lumiere(sp?) kit. It's like the starblends but metallic & shimmery.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:52 pm

I was practicing shading with my starblends this evening and decided to post 2 pics I did really quick to show the coverage you can get with the powders and a damp sponge. The line work done with paint.

Disclaimer on the spidey lines........lolol my daughter did those
I don't like mine to be so webby looking

Star blends Facep116

Star blends Facep118

Star blends Facep117

Star blends Facep119
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Metina wrote:Stablend fantasy colors?
-Metina

By that I mean the colours OTHER THAN foundation colours. Used to be they only came in flesh, white, etc. for theatrical use. Then they came out with them in red, purple, green... etc. Those used to be referred to as "fantasy colours" in make-up terms as you wouldn't use them on a "normal" character, but on "fantasy" characters... sorry to confuse you! Star blends Icon_wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down