Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with my new website - please

3 posters

Go down

Help with my new website - please Empty Help with my new website - please

Post by SewDarnHot Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:30 am

Hello,
I finally made a separate website for my face painting and started looking for places to advertise. I was responded today by one who mentioned I should not have my rates posted and that I would not get any business from event planners or entertainment companies because I list my prices on my website.
Does anyone have any tips? Yes or no on the booking page? Do I just make it into a PDF and edit and send to customers when requested??

Any other tips?
Thanks for your help
My website is www.ArizonaFacePainter.com
faceboook is www.facebook.com/ArizonaFacePainter.com

KimberlyAnn
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2012-10-29

http://www.ArizonaFacePainter.com

Back to top Go down

Help with my new website - please Empty Re: Help with my new website - please

Post by nikkili26 Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:14 am

I would leave off the bit about not being able to afford a professional photographer.

Your rate is $75 an hour and you have over 50 pictures....unless you intend to raise your rate even higher, or limit your gallery, it is irrelevant information.  The pictures are clear and show your painting abilities.

Personally, if my rate was $75, I would leave it on the site.  You want people to know what you expect to be paid hourly.  If your rate was much lower, or much higher, I would advise you to take it off, but you also include your travel rate, so that allows people to do quick calculations for themselves.

If you lose the bit that says you are working from home with 4 kids and stuff, and that your motivation for the site was recommendations, that is when I would take off the part about your rate. I say this because you already mentioned you will work for commission, which implies it is a different rate than your parties.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:46 am

ok thx. I never said I couldn't afford one just I wish their was one at all my events. but i'll change it up if that was the impression it gave off. Smile
I am proud t be a work at home mom so i would like to leave that. Still unsure to post or not post rates. :/
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:50 am

I hid my rates page for now Smile
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbieB Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:03 pm

I know I am new, and I just got finished asking for my own help, but I looked at your site and here is my recommendation. Very Happy 

Check spelling and grammar. I know I am somewhat of a grammar Nazi, but the first thing that jumped out at me was the misspelling of Tinsel, even the tab dedicated to it is misspelled. Little things like that make a difference in whether your website looks professional. I noticed misspelled words and such all over the place.
Prices are confusing. You say price reduced after 2+ hours but in your price list at the bottom, the prices don't add up. I would clarify that a little better. Is it $65 + $25 for two hours or $75 + $25 for two hours? Neither of those equals $115, which is what your price list says for 2 hours. I left a price page on mine after reading the forum saying it is a good idea to give a starting point, but every event is different so prices may vary. Some people won't be bothered to contact you if there is absolutely nothing about prices on the page. Ultimately, it's your call as you know your area and how people are about money.
I think the layout looks good and putting the information about quality products is a great idea.
DebbieB
DebbieB

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-09-09

http://www.debsdreamydesigns.wix.com/debs

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:35 pm

I thought Tincel was a brand name...not really familiar with the stuff. I agree though, I kept looking at it too.

If you are going to leave up the info about your personal life, you should definitely leave up the page about your rates.

It opens the doors for communication and it is much easier to sell yourself on the phone-plus if you don't have a business line yet, people won't be turned off by hearing kids in the background on the rare occasion that someone calls while you have the grandkids over.

Also, I feel like your rate page started out well-but then you added way too many words.

I think simpler would be to include your rate for 1-2 hours. If they want you for longer than that, they can call.

also, why are you reducing the price after a certain number of hours?rather than do that, just figure out the average hourly rate you'd be satisfied with, and post it as your rate.

If $75 is the bare minimum it would take to get you out the door, then just make it your hourly rate. If you can live with $115 for 2 hours of work, try charging $57 an hour, with a 2 hour minimum.
personally, if I charge $75 an hour, and I work for 2 hours, I would want to be paid my $150.

A client that can afford $75 can also afford $150.....afterall, how many times do you show up to a gig and not only is there a bounce house, but also a clown or balloon twister, a table full of goody bags, and a caterer or bartender.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks - I'll copy and spell check. Sometimes my keyboard skips. I do get several calls that they are on a minimal budget and they can only afford one hour. I offer a discount for two hours and also offer $25.00 for a half hr instead. I will keep it off until i can go over pricing again - I usually do computer work late at night and sometimes a bit too tired. Glad I have you gals to help check me!
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down