Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a booking for my first private party today! Urgent advice please!!

3 posters

Go down

Got a booking  for my first private party today! Urgent advice please!! Empty Got a booking for my first private party today! Urgent advice please!!

Post by KrissyJay Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi all,

So I have never done a private party before, but from reading here I have learnt a lot and I think I know a bit of what to expect. However I still have some questions.

I told them my hourly rate, and that I'd be there for at least two hours, I was wondering if they wanted me for more than two hours if I should reduce the rate after hour two, like I have seen some painters do on here.
I was also thinking to ask if there is a theme so I could prepare some designs. I also was wondering if it is ok to request them have a small table for me, since I dont have one of my own as yet.
Also in terms of payment. Should I ask them to pay me on arrival at the party for the first two hours? Should I take a deposit from even before the party?

Finally I think some of the kids will be under three. I read on the paints I had before not to paint anyone under 3, but I still see babies with little designs away from the eyes, those were Snaz paints, I am getting a full set of Wolfe paints now, so I dont know if its ok to paint with those on younger kids.

Any other advice you can think of, I mean anything would be soooooooooo muuucccchhhhhllllyy appreciated!!! So please share all, I have to get back to her tonight!!

KrissyJay

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Got a booking  for my first private party today! Urgent advice please!! Empty Re: Got a booking for my first private party today! Urgent advice please!!

Post by fesspenter Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Dear KrissyJay:
On the home page of the Face Paint Forum, at the bottom is an Instant Message Chat room. As soon as I get the dinner in the oven, I will go on there and answer as many questions as you have. Everybody has different answers so I hope others will jump in and offer their two cents worth, too.

fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Got a booking  for my first private party today! Urgent advice please!! Empty Re: Got a booking for my first private party today! Urgent advice please!!

Post by KrissyJay Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Chat room! I didnt even realise! Thanks Smile

KrissyJay

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:19 pm

omg, never knew about a chat!
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 pm

learn from my mistakes-every time i was lenient, i got screwed over in some way or another.

1)get a contract. make sure your contract says they will have to pay all reasonable attorney fees if you ever need to enforce the contract.

2)ALWAYS get a deposit.even if it is just gas money.

3)TRY to get paid before you start-but if they gave you a deposit already, it's definitely okay to wait til after you're done....and if they ask you for more time, you can pro-rate it....that's what i do, and it hasn't been an issue yet. personally, i don't necessarily WANT to stay a full hour later, but i would like to make a little extra money staying a little bit later. so pro-rate works great for me.

direct from the snaz website:
snazaroo wrote:Our only warning is the products should not be used by children under the age of three because the small paint disks, if swallowed, could provide a choking hazard. The product on the child under the age of three is fine. The problem is the small disk could get lodged in the air passage and therefore should not be used by a child without adult supervision. We have had no FDA rejections due to material or manufacturing problems or allergic reactions.

nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down