Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i suck at painting my own face. but practice...

+2
veelux
a_better_man_now
6 posters

Go down

i suck at painting my own face.  but practice... Empty i suck at painting my own face. but practice...

Post by a_better_man_now Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:57 am

so, i suck at painting my own face, my hand just doesn't wanna work the same towards my own face the way it does on painting others'.   Gotta practice somewhere, so i keep trying.   This morning i tried the tiger half face i keep seeing everywhere, and this was the results.  a little rough, and critique and constructive criticism are appreciated.  (keeping in mind i'm still pretty darn new to face painting, with only a few gigs under my belt.)  

i suck at painting my own face.  but practice... Photo_10

i suck at painting my own face.  but practice... Photo_11
a_better_man_now
a_better_man_now

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

i suck at painting my own face.  but practice... Empty Re: i suck at painting my own face. but practice...

Post by veelux Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself..it takes pratice. I think the line work is the hardest to get down. My lines are always thicker on my own face. You did a good job blending the yellow and orange and it looks like you have your lines strategically placed...all in all...I think Success Very Happy 
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

i suck at painting my own face.  but practice... Empty Re: i suck at painting my own face. but practice...

Post by a_better_man_now Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:51 pm

thanks, veelux. yeah, i need to practice my brush work a little more for sure. and you're right, i did notice my lines are always thicker when i paint my own face...its hard to gauge the pressure when your painting in the mirror.
a_better_man_now
a_better_man_now

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2013-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:29 pm

That's not too bad! Like it!
DENISE! Can you post your tiger what-to-do-and-what-not in this topic?!
It's so helpfull!!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:14 am

I think you did a pretty good job! I can't paint on my own face worth anything!
I like the little teeth you did on your lip...I never saw that done before (but I'm pretty new myself) I think it adds a cute touch.
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:11 pm

I think it looks great, btw Smile I'm sorry I didn't realize I posted my pic in the wrong section, that's what I get for trying to use the Internet on my phone... I just learned (by being able to do a version side by side) that it really brings the face together by making the white eyes go all the way above the eye brows, so it would make for a few less lines in the forehead area (about the 2nd or third line in). I really like the quality and would make some little kid extremely happy!
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skquinn Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 am

a_better_man_now wrote:so, i suck at painting my own face, my hand just doesn't wanna work the same towards my own face the way it does on painting others'.   Gotta practice somewhere, so i keep trying.   This morning i tried the tiger half face i keep seeing everywhere, and this was the results.  a little rough, and critique and constructive criticism are appreciated.  (keeping in mind i'm still pretty darn new to face painting, with only a few gigs under my belt.)

That's actually pretty good for painting on yourself. And I think this would qualify as a full face tiger, not half face.

skquinn

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down