Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you start: existing design?

5 posters

Go down

How do you start: existing design? Empty How do you start: existing design?

Post by SwirlSandra Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:51 am

Ok I am going from facepaint to glittertattoos to henna I'm afraid Wink I have bought a freehand gluepen to start with. But how do you draw your designs, do you try to reproduce existing designs or you just draw away? I'm afraid that if I try to create my own design I end up with a big blob of glitter on my entire leg, lol Wink But I see so many beautiful designs here and in the glittertattoos ection, I was just wondering "howd'youdothat"!

SwirlSandra

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

How do you start: existing design? Empty Re: How do you start: existing design?

Post by katerra77 Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:09 am

Whatever works for you, you can google some henna designs and copy them just to learn the composition, and then come up with your own. If you're good at drawing you can just try to play with your pen.
Check out FB Freehand Glitter Body Art group.
katerra77
katerra77

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-09-19

http://www.sunrisefacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by acarreon Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:16 am

I copy most of mine but give credit to where its due.. I lack in that creativity section of coming up with my own..but I do try to change up the designs a bit to make em mine..
Also I bought me a doodle book, a hard cover with blank paper and drew up some basic designs and just practice repeating a lot of the lil bits that go with the henna designs..oh I also used it as an excuse to buy sharpie markers(I have an addiction to the colors) the regular size and the skinny ones(way better) I'll try and post some pics
acarreon
acarreon

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2012-04-14

http://lexisskinvas.wix.com/skinvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissiemarie Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:01 am

I started looking at random designs on the internet, and started to doodle on paper, then i just kept practicing on my legs or arms, or friends if they felt like it. I've also just got into making my own stencils, with tracing paper and hectograph pencils that tattoo artists use. for more precise lines. Plus I have a folder of my doodles, and a section I've marked inspiration. So people know I don't claim those designs. It's all about practice.

I'd still say before you go to free hand on skin try drawing on paper first to get the hang of it, you can print up hand and feet templates to doodle on.
Krissiemarie
Krissiemarie

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2011-07-21

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbykristina

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlSandra Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:59 am

Thank you for your answers! I guess it'll be just practicepracticepractice then ;-)

So if I understand correctly, there are no "standard designs" for henna, you can do what you like, right? It'

SwirlSandra

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissiemarie Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:04 pm

some are traditional in feel and look, but you can make any design you feel like creating. you can also go the whole contemporary look.
Krissiemarie
Krissiemarie

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2011-07-21

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbykristina

Back to top Go down

Post by soperfect paint Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:02 am

Whatever you want to work search some latest designs on Google it will help you a lot to make perfect designs of your choice.

www.soperfectpaint.com/

soperfect paint

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2015-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down