Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you start: existing design?

2 posters

Go down

How do you start: existing design? Empty How do you start: existing design?

Post by SwirlSandra Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:43 am

Ok I am going from facepaint to glittertattoos to henna I'm afraid Wink I have bought a freehand gluepen to start with. But how do you draw your designs, do you try to reproduce existing designs or you just draw away? I'm afraid that if I try to create my own design I end up with a big blob of glitter on my entire leg, lol Wink But I see so many beautiful designs here and in the glittertattoos ection, I was just wondering "howd'youdothat"!

SwirlSandra

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

How do you start: existing design? Empty Re: How do you start: existing design?

Post by Mehndi Masala Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:19 am

Sorry this sat so long for you!! I've been away/occupied! When starting henna or any time of design drawing like this and your comfort level doesn't allow for just jumping on in, start with copying, just like you did with paint! Don't be discourged if your first forays aren't all you were hoping for. You may just end up with blog glitter, but that's called starting out. I'm sure by now you have figured it out but starting with simple henna style designs, (flower, now a flower with a swirl, now try a flower with a leaf, now a flower with a leaf and swirl, time to tackle the paisley!) and, like painting, line control and speed will come with practice, practice practice! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down