Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone familiar with Aqua/PartyXplosion?

+3
Carmen (Sweet Illusions)
EerinArts
SwirlSandra
7 posters

Go down

Anyone familiar with Aqua/PartyXplosion?  Empty Anyone familiar with Aqua/PartyXplosion?

Post by SwirlSandra Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi there,

I have a few wonderful neon colours from Aqua/PartyXplosion. I am not sure if this is a brand which is sold in other countries than the Netherlands, I never see it mentioned anywhere else. Does anyone know if there are brands that are similar to this?

Because I really love the colours, but I find the paint is not covering nicely, I tend to do a lot of flowers with them, but I have to use a lot of water to be able to load my brush well enough and then it is runny or just not covering, and I don't really mean to paint see-through flowers Rolling Eyes 

Other question: which brand has the best neon-colours to work with in your opinion?

SwirlSandra

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Anyone familiar with Aqua/PartyXplosion?  Empty Re: Anyone familiar with Aqua/PartyXplosion?

Post by EerinArts Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:01 am

I have both, its not the same brand. I have only a couple of aquacolor colors, but the ones I have are excellent for base work. I have some browns for tigers/cats and shading. It covers well and washes off easily.
For line work its not good I think, its pretty mushy and thick. Its difficult to load the brushes in the right way, when you load it well (so that it will cover) its too thick to do clean lines. If you load it less paint, then it does not cover.

Partyexplosion I like for lines. Sometimes the colors do not wash off easily, which is a downside. But the colors are great and cover well. I only have a couple of metallics, so it could be that the normal colors are different. The metallics are wonderful though.
EerinArts
EerinArts

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-03-27

http://schminkengrime.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone familiar with Aqua/PartyXplosion?  Empty Re: Anyone familiar with Aqua/PartyXplosion?

Post by SwirlSandra Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Oh hey i thought they where the same brand for some reason but apparently they are not, lol! So I have a few Aqua metallics, and the red. They are a bit hard in my opinion, they don't get "gooey" which I do like for paints. But I am ok with them. My neon colours are partyxplosion but I tried again today, I can't seem to load my brush well with them. I get too much paint and flowers with thick lines and with a really thin center or it just won't cover enough. The paint looks a bit like chewinggum to me, it feels a bit like it won't mix with the water well enough...

SwirlSandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmen (Sweet Illusions) Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:43 pm

@SwirlSandra, I worked with the PartyXplosion and I love them for linework, but for flowers I would recommend Superstar/FAB is more "gooey" and I find that the colors are bolder. Blending is also possible but a bit more difficult than a softer paint. They dry faster so you have to bled faster. I find that PartyXplosion is similar to DFX. But this is all my opinion.
Carmen (Sweet Illusions)
Carmen (Sweet Illusions)

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://www.sweet-illusions.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlSandra Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:43 am

Yes that would be my experiance too. I have bought three neon colours from superstar, but I find that they aren't covering well either. Maybe it's my way of painting? I don't have these issues with the other colours from Superstar though... Aaaahhh... I just want to be able to do neonflowers!!!

SwirlSandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:13 pm

neon colours tend to be 'sheer', and not cover well...
You'll have that with almost every brand, it's not related to partyxplosion.

Partyxplosion is being sold in Belgium as well, it's not bad, but I prefer cameleon/wolfe/diamond FX over partyXplosion
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlSandra Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I need to order new ones! Have to make a ton of neonflowers at first though Wink

SwirlSandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:52 am

I have some PartyXplosion and honestly, it seems just the same as TAG to me. The PX metallic teal is AWESOMESAUCE.
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi, European girls I have a friend in Germany who can't get TAG, do you know any website where they still selling it?
Thank you.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm

I have some partyXplosion metallic and I love it, they have a blue very similar to shiva superstar, I wish we can get it here in America wolfe is not working good for line work anymore.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi Luz!

I know that BPH Face Paints in the UK stock TAG, if that helps?
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:38 pm

The problem with tag is that they don't have a European distributor... I tried to get it for my shop, but the minimum orders are steep, and customs fees are brutal, so decided against it....
If there ever would be a European distributor I'm stocking tag, but for now it's just too big an investment
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Tineke wrote:The problem with tag is that they don't have a European distributor... I tried to get it for my shop, but the minimum orders are steep, and customs fees are brutal, so decided against it....
If there ever would be a European distributor I'm stocking tag, but for now it's just too big an investment
I am sorry you can't get TAG anymore, they miss it, you have really good brands in Europe anyway, my friend will have to learn how to use Diamond Fx then.
Thank you my ladies.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:17 am

The Forum here sells TAG, but don't know if they ship out of the US
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down