Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips on how to paint arms and back like CATS the musical?

2 posters

Go down

Tips on how to paint arms and back like CATS the musical? Empty Tips on how to paint arms and back like CATS the musical?

Post by lorikenh Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm going to be painting faces, arms and back like CATS the musical, anyone have any tips to make it go fast?
lorikenh
lorikenh

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Tips on how to paint arms and back like CATS the musical? Empty Re: Tips on how to paint arms and back like CATS the musical?

Post by Katurah Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:52 pm

I think Shannon might be able to help with this... If I'm not mistaken she painted a Cats production? Very Happy

Last edited by Katurah on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katurah
Katurah

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2012-03-12

http://www.katurahpaintspeople.com/

Back to top Go down

Tips on how to paint arms and back like CATS the musical? Empty Re: Tips on how to paint arms and back like CATS the musical?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:29 am

Well... CATS productions only have their faces done, the rest is costume.

But you could just copy the designs if you wanted to... they really aren't complicated and there are a large variety of colours and textures in the usual production.

I have LOADS of photos on my blog and FB page.

As to doing it fast... if using face paint I recommend large sponges and brushes for the body work as the textures are bold and not necessarily blended at all.  You could also do the face base with the same sponges and brushes, then switch to the regular sizes for your detail work.  Keep the faces bold with contrast.

How many do you need to do and do you have a crew?  You could split the process - one doing white base areas, another adding colours/textures, then a couple doing finishing.

If you use airbrush, use it for the bases.

Basically figure out how YOU can make it faster - some people find different methods better for them.  Personally I do NOT like kabuki brushes, I prefer large fist sized sponges that I cut from carwash sponges and I use cream Fardel when doing bodypainting bases as it is easy to move around to get a lot covered fast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down