Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ring in the Holidays Event

+7
Magic
Metina
Linda Adams
SuzySparkles
Winger1200
paintedmermaid
Heather Timmons
11 posters

Go down

Ring in the Holidays Event Empty Ring in the Holidays Event

Post by Heather Timmons Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Hey hey,

So I had this HUGE event that was supposed to be this quaint little town event. I had kids back to back lined up for 4 hours straight and I only got to spend about 1-2 minutes on each child. So it's not my 'best quality' work, but the kids were really happy with me (especially the boys, since I actually offered them some neat boy designs 'Grinch, Elf and Santa Faces') and the girls loved the typical Angels, Poinsettias and sparkly designs.

I did get a few pictures while I stopped to get drinks of water, but missed getting good pics of several I actually had wanted pics of, like this great Santa face!! But at least these were all new (for me) and first time designs. I was glad to get a few brave boys to allow me to paint anything on them, so I could get a picture for next year's board.

I did about 25 Grinch faces, and this one was my first...but it was still slow enough that I snuck in a pic! The elf boy actually let me put cheek rouge, glitter and lip gloss on him to make him more 'elfy' looking. He was cracking me up! What a brave boy!

I have been so busy this month, with several bookings, I have just not had time to do a proper entry for the Holiday contest, though I have looked at them and WOW you are all awesome! Very Happy So this is just my way of putting a few images out there for the Holidays and hoping it gives someone some inspiration for upcoming events. Very Happy

These were both inspired by other people's work I'd seen:
Ring in the Holidays Event Grinch10 Ring in the Holidays Event Teen_e10

I'd seen the lightbulb design on Snazaroo and the Mistle Toe/Kiss Face I just made up, though I'm sure lots of FPs have thought of that one at Christmas!:
Ring in the Holidays Event Lightb10 Ring in the Holidays Event Missil10

Sorry about the poor quality photos. It was at the end of my 4th hour...I was quite jittery and was rushing to finish up the last few children that had waited so patiently the whole time just to get painted! The glitter gel on both of these looked much nicer in person!:
Ring in the Holidays Event Poinse10 Ring in the Holidays Event Snowfl10
Heather Timmons
Heather Timmons

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2008-09-28

http://www.catsmeowinfo.com

Back to top Go down

Ring in the Holidays Event Empty Re: Ring in the Holidays Event

Post by paintedmermaid Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:11 pm

These are awesome! Don't apologize for the picture quality, it's amazing you had time to even think about taking pics! It's the first time I have seen someone do the Grinch as a full face, I love it! I am painting my first Holiday party on Sat night and am so glad you posted these! I needed inspiration as I am getting really nervous Rolling Eyes
paintedmermaid
paintedmermaid

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.partygirlfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winger1200 Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:34 am

Heather,
The photos came out great of your marvelous work & inspiration! I love the misteltoe one and will use some for my big gig monday.
Special thanks,
Susan
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:07 am

Great job!!! The moment I am done painting I generally grab my camera and take a quick picture of the kid... then I show him the mirror!!! That way I get a cute pic before they want to run off!
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Adams Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:48 am

Heather .............You ROCK!!!!wow girl, These are awesome!

I did a Christmas Tree Lighting this year (4 hours, with no end in site to the line....same type of situation....2 minutes per face) I wish I had the elf & Grinch as I didn't have much to offer the boys. I painted a skull with a santa hat because I didn't dare tackle the Grinch w/o reference! Oh.....and I also painted Spiderman with a stocking cap as well.........wish I had a photo of THAT one!~
Linda Adams
Linda Adams

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-04-30

http://www.NotQuiteWarpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:57 am

Those are great ideas Linda. I have two jobs coming up this weekend and were trying to think of ways to make the regularly requested ones Christmasy.

So feel free to add to the list:

1. Santa hat on Skull
2. Santa hat on Spiderman
3. Santa hat instead of pirate scarf on pirate
4. Add a sprig of holly to any of them
5. Make a christmas split cake combo for butterflies, tigers, spiderman.
(I am making one that is DFX RED, LIGHT GREEN and White)

Copy and paste mine into your message and add more(pics if you have them!) I'll take some this weekend!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:06 pm

My Christmas booking last Sunday was the same old stuff...

Three of us painting and I think the only "seasonal" stuff we did between us were maybe 3 or 4 snowflake designs.

Lost count of the number of Skulls and half black/half red Spider-kids...

And we have LOTS of Christmas designs on the board... not like there is nothing to look at to get ideas!

And, yeah, I could have put holly or santa hats on them all... but that adds time to each design and we in crank 'em out mode!! Ring in the Holidays Event Icon_rolleyes

This weekend... HOPEFULLY, there are Christmas requests!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Timmons Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Heh, thanks ya'll! Very Happy

I was SO sick of Tigers and Butterflies, and the organizer requested an 'all Holiday Theme' offering. So I was glad to not have to do Skulls, Tigers, and Spiderman stuff with little Christmas bits. Like I said, I was in a rush to just make sure the boys were happy, as most girl designs are easier for me.

I'm glad it helped a few of you out for ideas! The boys were practically hugging me for making sure to take care of them with Holiday Designs. They were taking my cards and telling their mom they wanted me for their birthday, that's new to me...usually only the girls are the ones begging Mom and Dad!

I was tempted to use Metina's Butterfly design from Halloween but with Christmas touches....but I can proudly say I didn't have to paint one *&^%&$ butterfly. Very Happy hahah Seriously though, I love butterflies, but OMG I'm a bit sick of them!
Heather Timmons
Heather Timmons

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:06 am

I did a party 2 weeks ago and the kid was so happy when he came by to say goodbye with his mom he pulled a stack of my business cards out of his pocket when I asked if we would see each other again he said we would that he took all my tickets!

Ring in the Holidays Event 15951_10
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-10-01

http://www.makingfacesparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesforu Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:49 am

I painted last night at a restaurant and got very few xmas design requests. I spent so much time practicing xmas designs too. I even tried to talk the kids into at least using christmas colors for regular designs but not too many takers either.
funfacesforu
funfacesforu

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesforu Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:50 am

Opps I forgot to say I love your grinch and those kisses are adorable.
funfacesforu
funfacesforu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:26 pm

I did a small private birthday and all the girls chose holiday designs which really surprised me! So cute - here in Florida we really romanticize winter because we don't really have one - so imagine these kids with their rudolph, and snow scene faces while it was 80 degrees and we were on a waterfront canal home with a dock that connected to a bay that connected to the ocean!

Heather you must be a SPEED QUEEN!!! Those designs are awsome quality for a crazy busy event!!!! My faves are the grinch and snowflake face!!!
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Timmons Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:52 pm

I forgot to say, that it had been snowing all day, was probably 10 deg F and very 'Christmas Spirit' mood for everyone! That probably helped!

I tried to look at the new faces and then break them down and do them in as few strokes as possible. Ie, do all the sponging, then all the black line strokes (and smudge if needed) and then do any highlights/glitter last. It makes any design much faster.

Ie, The Grinch face I looked at like I do my Serpent Face. Quick green shading, then a few black line strokes and 'smudge' it in a few spots for shading. Then a few quickie white stokes. It was actually really fast once I'd done it a few times. Very Happy

It's in the high 30s to low 40s this week, but the last few weeks, we'd had really cold weather with -20F wind chills! Brrrrrrr
Heather Timmons
Heather Timmons

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesforu Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:57 am

I've been practicing speed painting and can't imagine reaching that speed on those designs. You rock.
funfacesforu
funfacesforu

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:33 am

Here are a few from two jobs yesterday.

Ring in the Holidays Event Img_1011
Ring in the Holidays Event Img_1012
Ring in the Holidays Event Img_1013
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VPark Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:57 am

Great designs ... I love the Grinch and the elf!
VPark
VPark

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-27

http://www.theglitterworks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Timmons Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Oh I like the light strand off to the side, more like 'eye glam'!! Very Happy That butterfly is sweet too. I'm still so glad I didn't have to paint any butterflies though! Very Happy haha
Heather Timmons
Heather Timmons

Back to top Go down

Post by JBax Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Very pretty Metina, and I love the Elf, Heather.

Funny thing. Everyone talks about all the butterflies they paint. I haven't had a butterfly request in ages. Keep in mind I don't paint near as often as you all do, but I'm amazed. It just doesn't seem to happen very often.

Oh no! Maybe my butterflies are jankity and ill-built! Shocked Maybe I'll keep it that way. Twisted Evil
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down