Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Face Painters in NE Oklahoma?

+2
Miss Ronnie
~*hysteria*~
6 posters

Go down

Face Painters in NE Oklahoma? Empty Face Painters in NE Oklahoma?

Post by ~*hysteria*~ Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:03 am

Hi all! I have been face painting for a few months now off and on just for personal fun at home with thekids trying to get a feel for it ever since my wonderful sister, who face paints for a living, sent me a little "get started" kit for Christmas. Ive decided though to take a step into making a name and business for myself, afterall, the best job is one you love! Smile

I would like to know though the going rates for my area which is Green Country region of Oklahoma. I have tried searching but have had no such luck. The last thing I want to do is call up a business asking their rates to figure my own and I will not misslead pretending I have a party!

I do not wish to devalue art or to undercut and/or steal business away from established face painters here but as I am still relatively new to the area having moved here a few years ago from Washington I have little to work with (almost nothing) in terms of clientele and networking. I figured for an introductpry rate to charge $45 an hour or $125 for up to 3 hours. For local parties in my town I am offering a limited time special through May for $25 an hour. This is primarily to get my name and work out there.

Is my pricing outragous or am I "screwing" myself? Lol. I figure so long as I am covering my travel and supply costs then as long as im not spending out of pocket im achieving practice and advertising. I would appreciate any help on this Smile Also, how much should I charge for individual work for cheek art, half face, and full face?
~*hysteria*~
~*hysteria*~

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-12-21

Back to top Go down

Face Painters in NE Oklahoma? Empty Re: Face Painters in NE Oklahoma?

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:44 am

Your avatar is very good....if your face painting on kids' faces is just as good, you should be charging MUCH MORE than $45.00 per hour....
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by shadnee Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:09 pm

So great to see more Oklahomans! I'm in Moore (just south of OKC). There are several here in OK that charge anywhere from $75-$125 an hour, I charge $100 for the first 2 hours, and $60 an hour after that... or $65 an hour for anything corporate. Hopefully that helps Smile
shadnee
shadnee

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-03-27

https://facebook.com/facepaintfun

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:26 pm

The going rate here in Tulsa is $75-100 an hour. So yes, if you're planning to work in/around the city, you'd be much lower. It's your right to charge what you want, though.
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*hysteria*~ Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Thank you very much ladies! I really appreciate your help and am very happy to meet more okie face painters :)I will be adjusting my prices to fit better with the going rates with consideration to what people around here are likely to afford since it seems a little slower and possibly a little depressed around my area.
~*hysteria*~
~*hysteria*~

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-12-21

Back to top Go down

Face Painters in NE Oklahoma? Empty Hi from Watonga, OK

Post by Untamed faces Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Seems like I'm finding more and more face painters popping up in OK. Glad to meet you!Very Happy
Untamed faces
Untamed faces

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:53 am

See I told you that you were worth more. Lol

lady jynx

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down