Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!...

+8
Erica's Funny Faces
funfacesbybrenda
katerra77
Fababiz
Valerie A
Miss Ronnie
l!zzie
Pilareta
12 posters

Go down

YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!... Empty YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!...

Post by Pilareta Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:27 pm

... and, of course, I have to share it with my beloved and admired FPF friends!!!! I met a Spanish painter in July here on the forum cheers . She had created a Facebook group for Spanish painters and I joined them. In september I travelled to Malaga (500 km away from my town) to jam together and now some of the Facebook group members have made a magazine to raise awareness of face painting in Spain (Hum, maybe some day...) Anyway, I'm so proud of our work and although I know most of you won't understand a word, I need to share it here and say THANK YOU for being always there!
Here's the link https://www.facebook.com/PintamosFacepaintingEspana
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!... Empty Re: YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!...

Post by Pilareta Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:31 pm

You have to click on the magazine cover (with an elf on it) and expand the image. Then, click on the little arrows to turn pages (Hope that makes sense,LOL)
Pilareta
Pilareta

Back to top Go down

YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!... Empty Re: YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!...

Post by l!zzie Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Ohhhhhhhh!! What a great magazine you made! Love it!
cheers for ou and your friends Pilareta!!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Yay!!!! I often think of you, Pilareta, and how you told us that no one really face paints there. I am happy you are helping to raise the art form in Spain!
sunny flower
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Pilareta, what a wonderful magazine! and so nice that you are a part of it! (Did I see your picture there in the last pages??)
Hope it does the trick and gets face painting noticed there in Spain!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words, they really mean a lot for me! Very Happy I love you

Valerie, I wrote the "teardrops and swirls" section and I painted the "Ginferbread man" design (that cute boy is my oldest son). I also baked and painted those tasty biscuits .
(And I ate them, too. LOL)
Pilareta
Pilareta

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Oh! I saw that Gingerbread man recipe and thought it was a cute addition to the magazine! Yummm. Nice swirls! I saw your name on that page when I looked back at it. Is your son the one with the gingerbread man in his 'mouth?'
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Fababiz Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:23 pm

That is an awsome magazine, though I don't speak spanish it really looks full of instructional information.
Fababiz
Fababiz

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-04-04

http://fababiz.wix.com/fababiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Thanks, X-Faction! I wish you could understand the texts, we really wanted to do something easy and instructional because FPing is not very popular in Spain and there are no publication about F&B Painting in our language. I'm so glad you liked it!

Valerie, yes, my 8 y.o. is the one who eats a gingerbread man (both, the painted and the real one,LOL -pages 21 and 39-) He usually runs away whenever I unpack my kit BUT he agreed when I told him "he would be famous" Cool Very Happy
Pilareta
Pilareta

Back to top Go down

Post by katerra77 Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm

The magazine looks wonderful!
What about your pretty decorated cookies, have you done any this season?
katerra77
katerra77

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-09-19

http://www.sunrisefacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:47 am

Wow me encanta la revista Smile! Gracias por compartir Smile
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks, I'm still excited with our new "baby"!

Katerra, I've done some biscuits, but I'm learning to work with cup cakes and "fondant" because painting with "royal frosting" was very hard . These are some of my new cup cakes:
YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!... Img-2010
YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!... Img-2011
YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!... Img-2012

I'm also learning to decorate "cake pops"
YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!... Img-2013
YAY!!! WE CREATED A SPANISH FACE PAINTING MAGAZINE!... Img-2014
Pilareta
Pilareta

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:49 am

OMG! Those cake pops are SOOO cute! I don't think I could even eat them, they are so adorable!!!
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:10 pm

You'd eat them, Erica...They're delicious! Razz

Last edited by Pilareta on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pilareta
Pilareta

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:11 pm

LOL probably wouldn't have a chance with my 3 kiddos running around!
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Really beautiful, Pilareta!!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by katerra77 Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 pm

The cupcakes look so pretty and the pop cakes are adorable, Pilareta! cheers

Last edited by katerra77 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
katerra77
katerra77

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-09-19

http://www.sunrisefacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:05 pm

wow Pilareta, those cupcakes and pops are so cute! You are a multi-talented girl!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Embarassed Aaaaw, Thanks, guys! Learning and improving make me feel good (and your words make me feel even better;LOL)
Pilareta
Pilareta

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Something's wrong with the link Sad We're looking for the issue but, meanwhile you can click here to see the magazine http://issuu.com/pintamos/docs/pintamos_n1_dic2012

And thanks again!
Pilareta
Pilareta

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks for sharing that link. Great looking magazine. Wish i could read Spanish...I'd subscribe! Very Happy
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by facesbybelle Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:56 am

Fantastico Pilareta! Te deseo mucho exito! cheers My spanish is not very good but I understand it perfectly just don't speak it well. Love your magazine I love you
facesbybelle
facesbybelle

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2011-03-20

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Faces-by-Belle/20513790

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Thank you everybody! ¡Gracias a todos! Belle, tu español es fantástico cheers Thanks for your kind words!
Pilareta
Pilareta

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:45 am

the magazine is aweome! and the cakes too!
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down