Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much Mehron Metallic's will I need?

3 posters

Go down

How much Mehron Metallic's will I need? Empty How much Mehron Metallic's will I need?

Post by Lizzy75 Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:06 am

Not sure if I've put this in the right section or not, apologies if not! But I have a photoshoot to do next February with 3 models to paint from the waist up. The client has some fantastic idea's already which has me 'researching' non stop! ANYWAY, my question to those in the know...how much Mehron metallic gold powder will I need to properly cover a person from the waist up? I want to make sure I have enough in supply in case we go gold crazy Very Happy
Lizzy75
Lizzy75

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

How much Mehron Metallic's will I need? Empty Re: How much Mehron Metallic's will I need?

Post by leapinglizards Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:39 am

That stuff goes a super long way. Assuming you are using Mehron Mixing liquid, I'd think one small bottle of the powder per person would be erring on the side of caution. But maybe I am being optimistic. Wolfe Aztec Gold looks AMAZING as well.... BTW.

leapinglizards

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2009-10-31

http://www.livecanvasart.com

Back to top Go down

How much Mehron Metallic's will I need? Empty Re: How much Mehron Metallic's will I need?

Post by Lizzy75 Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Oooo I love that paint and I've got some of that recently but didn't think it would pop enough....maybe I'll think again! Thank you so much for your help Smile
Lizzy75
Lizzy75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 pm

You'll need one bottle of Mehron Metallic Powder
and one bottle Mehron Mixing Liquid.

Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzy75 Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Thank you Loretta!

Have experimented by painting my hand with the gold powder and abit of olive oil, AMAZING results but would need to be done at the last minute because I couldn't touch anything, but washed off very easily.

Thanks again for the advice.
Lizzy75
Lizzy75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Right. Oil can be used, best use baby oil, but it is a different effect. It is for when you want the paint to move, a rare use.

If you mix it with water the metallic powder likes to clump up and you can have a good deal of waste in both product and time. So that is fine for small areas.

For a pro job, use the Mehron Mixing Liquid.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down