Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Business Name (i know this has came up a lot!)

3 posters

Go down

Business  Name (i know this has came up a lot!) Empty Business Name (i know this has came up a lot!)

Post by NicolaT93 Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:24 am

Hello!

I know there's already a few threads on this kind of topic but I need some help Smile

So basically, I have the name I want (TooFaced) but.. there's a brand of make up with the same name except with a space between words (Too Faced). Does this matter because of the type of business? I'm not sure if that's a stupid question or not but I want to make sure before I go ahead with it. If I can't use it is there any ideas as to how I can change it a little to make it suitable?

Also, once I get my name issue sorted. How do I get it registered so no one else can use it? Does it cost, if so how much? Where and how do you go about doing this?

I want to start putting it on Marketing stuff so before I start doing that I want to make sure everything is A.OK with my name and logo.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated! I love you
NicolaT93
NicolaT93

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Business  Name (i know this has came up a lot!) Empty Re: Business Name (i know this has came up a lot!)

Post by Face Painting by Jessica Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:05 am

May I ask the reasoning behind that particular name?
Face Painting by Jessica
Face Painting by Jessica

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2012-04-12

http://www.facepaintingbyjessica.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Business  Name (i know this has came up a lot!) Empty Re: Business Name (i know this has came up a lot!)

Post by fesspenter Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:07 am

Dear NicolaT93:
To avoid any future forced name changes...
I would avoid the name of an existing business,
especially when your business of face painting (transforming faces) and the Too Faced business of make up (transforming faces) may be construed as the two of you are affiliated. The company has every right to request you cease using the name TooFaced as they had the rights to the name before you did. You may have to change your business cards, website, signage, email, etc.

I do not know about business registration in Europe. I would check it out with your fellow face painters on this Forum who are located in the same area.

The wise Shannon Fennell gave me some advice regarding name choices...
Why not use your OWN name?

fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Painting by Jessica Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:37 am

Nicolart?
Face Painting by Jessica
Face Painting by Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolaT93 Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks Lisa, I suppose that makes sense..don't want to change everything later!

Jessica, I quite like that! TooFaced was something my Boyfriend came up with.. when I heard I really liked it.. wee bit gutted I can't use it now.

NicolaT93
NicolaT93

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Painting by Jessica Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:43 am

TooFaced gives me the wrong message, it reminds me of all the high school drama I went through lol.

I don't mean to be biased or anything, but I really like Nicolart now that I see it again haha! It's the kind of name that can transfer to a more high class image if needed, but is still fun for the kids.

Good luck in choosing!
Face Painting by Jessica
Face Painting by Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down