Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Know You're a Crazy Face Painter When...

+3
Lacey's Faces
Valerie A
Miss Ronnie
7 posters

Go down

You Know You're a Crazy Face Painter When... Empty You Know You're a Crazy Face Painter When...

Post by Miss Ronnie Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:55 pm

You know you're a crazy face painter when you are still painting long after the sun goes down at an outdoor fall festival on an agritourism farm and the only light you have is the light from the parents' cell phone flashlight.

The last 2 kids in line had to settle for glitter tattoos because their father couldn't find the flashlight on his phone and I would have had to paint them using the Braille method at that point. But it was so much fun because as I was prepping the daughter's skin, the son came up with the ingenious idea of using his glowing light saber sword for me to work by. Not the best light source... but we got it done.

May the light source be with you.... Wink

Last edited by Miss Ronnie on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Crazy Face Painter When... Empty Re: You Know You're a Crazy Face Painter When...

Post by Valerie A Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:18 am

lol! Now that's dedication.
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

You Know You're a Crazy Face Painter When... Empty Re: You Know You're a Crazy Face Painter When...

Post by Lacey's Faces Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:24 am

That story cracks me up! I had the same thing this last 4th of July. I had a few parents with their phone flash lights around me while i painted. Still makes me giggle thinking about it.
That's when you know we love what we do. You Rock Miss Ronnie!

Lacey's Faces
Lacey's Faces

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HillbillyDiva1 Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:56 am

Buy a head lamp Energizer makes a very good one. I know what you mean worked a 2 hour trick or treat for the city parks department from 530 to 730 in 40 degree weather and with the wind felt like 30. Then eat and went to a local bar to paint at Zombie Prom for 2 hours. Now waiting to put cloths in dryer before I go to bed.
HillbillyDiva1
HillbillyDiva1

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2011-09-04

http://www.gandgfaceandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:34 am

Nice Job Miss Ronnie! Kids are amazing too, they love it so much I am sure they would sit through a blizzard if you were willing to keep going. You are a nice lady to stay and do that in the dark.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:54 pm

I've painted by the light of the silvery moon too.

And today I've done my craziest - I live in New York where the hurricane is about to whirl. I had an event scheduled from 1 - 5 p.m. today, and they decided to run it. It was a big Halloween bash on an outdoor farm. And it was for a charitable organization.

Well, the kids showed up in droves and I painted like mad, and the sky was overcast and the wind whipping a bit all day. Near the end, the gusts began, but not yet at an unsafe level. I finished up the last child as a green Hello Kitty with criss-cross scars across the design - gruesome kitty design that my friend's daughter wanted a year ago, and I stuck it on my boards today on the chance someone would want it.

And that, my friends, was the conclusion of my first outdoor festival season. Tomorrow morning I'm going to drag all the outdoor furniture into the shed, empty the car of six months worth of festival gear, and bake two pumpkin pies and cook all the frozen shrimp in case the power goes out.

Shrimp, pie, work cancelled (school closed), and candlelight. And a new job I love like crazy (this face art business) ending its outdoor season with a hurricane.

Ah, life is sweet.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:00 pm

JJJJ, My gig for last night was cancelled due to the hurricane, but still had a party in the afternoon. Only about half of the kids showed at the party. Stay safe in the storm!! It's quite yucky here now!
Sandie
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Yes, it's getting more serious here now. The winds are pretty steady and most schools have announced closings. Our shoreline areas are going to flood, and the power may go down. Definitely staying safe (you won't cathc me outside with a paintbrush the next few days Surprised). You stay safe too!

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandie Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Hunkered down with my sweetie...praying the power stays on! No school tomorrow here!
Sandie
Sandie

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-09-19

http://www.imaginebysandie.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down