Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice

+16
Shiranshoku
mamakatrien
Enchanting Faces
erica21
Rebons
anniel
Affordable Face Magic
katerra77
Valerie A
Miss Ronnie
Kammy
wmeventservices
vegas mom
Doe
martha
aholly
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Empty Re: FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice

Post by Rebons Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Thank you Kammy!
Rebons
Rebons

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Http://happypaintedfaces.webs.com

Back to top Go down

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Empty Re: FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice

Post by erica21 Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks Kammy - pretty colours! Lucky not so easy to get FAB here! I say lucky because I don't think I could resist!
erica21
erica21

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Kammy, do you think the Ploppy Orange is anything special? I've been putting off getting it because I already have a metallic orange.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchanting Faces Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:53 pm

erica21 wrote:Thanks Kammy - pretty colours! Lucky not so easy to get FAB here! I say lucky because I don't think I could resist!
Totally agree. I want some but I already have enough to get by with. Some would say too many, but that, of course, is impossible! Love love love shimmers & metallics. Very Happy clown

Enchanting Faces

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:32 am

Looking at it I feel my snazaroo sparkle orange is more shimmery than the ploppy orange. ( i think it is one of snazaroo's best colours)
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:10 am

Miss Ronnie wrote:Kammy, do you think the Ploppy Orange is anything special? I've been putting off getting it because I already have a metallic orange.
Ploppy Orange is, hands down, the most beautiful orange I've seen. It has a depth and pop that makes me consider it the orange version of Ziva Blue. It's definitely more shimmery than Snaz Orange, but that shimmer doesn't show up very well in photos. I'll try to get a quick swatch together comparing it with Snaz Sparkle and Classic orange shades, to compare it, but I doubt our dour Scottish day will show up how beautiful the Ploppy is.
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 am

Here you go:
FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Swatch16
L-R: Snaz Classic orange, Superstar Ploppy Orange, Snaz Sparkle orange.

The two Snazaroo paints are a little brighter in actual colour, perhaps, but the Ploppy has this amazing golden sheen to it. Doesn't show up as well in the photo as it does on my arm. My only beef with Superstar paints is the way they go gooey so easily, and need lots of drying time. They're very creamy and take very little water to work with.

Edited to add: Whoops, only just realised how out of focus that photo is! Sorry about that, but hopefully it gives you an idea of the colours and reflective properties, at least.
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiranshoku Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Reviving an old thread, hope nobody minds!

I just freaking love the Superstar/Fab black and silver. Ermahgerd, so awesome.

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 1363977796499

I have to admit that I don't love the black for linework, I was hoping someone could tell me if they liked the superstar line black? I'm considering trying it out, as I love fab/superstar. Even the scent :p

Big blob is sponged, thin line is brush, thinner line on top is also brush.

The black is da bomb. It is very easy to get a smooth, opaque and even base and... It's so black! The snaz I used before just can't compare.

And I lurve the silver. It's so purdy! I painted this with it too:

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 1363978153082
Shiranshoku
Shiranshoku

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Magenta Shimmer stains badly. Won't come off with oil. The Ziva Blue is a keeper. Even though it's an intense blue, it came right off. So far I've like the gold and silver but much easier to sponge than brush. The picture doesn't really do the stain justice. Smile

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 P1260110
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobena1 Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:42 pm

OOh Magenta Shimmer is my favorite..I didnt have much staining issues. I have all the shimmers..here is a picture of some of the shimmers...plus fucshia and purple rain which I love them both. i used poppy Orange, Ziva Blue, glitter Gold, Purple rain, Fuschia...Mind you I was playing around so this was kinda smudgy and I actually didn't clear off the face paint from previous design..and I cant see without my bifocals.....Once I can tie my daughter to the chair i am gonna try this again......url=https://servimg.com/view/17089634/51]FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 New_fa10[/url] I topped it with glitters...I was in the mood to paint
Jobena1
Jobena1

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2011-11-26

http://www.fababyjody.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiranshoku Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 am

Got my new paints today! Some swatches:

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 1364391021736

From top to bottom that's Metallic Golden Green, metallic nut brown, bronze and Gold. All Superstar, I think the metallic Golden Green is the same as ocean shimmer.

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 1364391203580

From top to bottom that's metallic ziva golden blue, pastelblauw (=alice blue?), purple rain and oudrood (some kind of berry red?).

Pros: oooooh so pretty. The golden green makes me all giddy. They cover really well and easily.

Cons: the pastelblauw stained me ever so slightly. The metallics are gorgeous, but soooo soft. The teeniest bit of moisture makes them goopy. They're still okay for sponging, but I find it very hard to load a brush without pushing the paint out of the sides of the container.
Shiranshoku
Shiranshoku

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Hello everyone, I just purchase a 20 color fab palette and I thought I would share with you my color swatches. This thread was very helpful deciding what to get so I feel like giving back for those that are unsure.
Love, love, love all the colors I got, I know I got way too many white but you can never have to many of those Smile these are the prettiest colors I have ever own. Have not used them on a job yet as. Just got them.

Colors in same order as pic.

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Th_15d9ae9cf22ca7037b742a275a05d021

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Th_349f26fbf5beb5a0d7f4e424e30d9539
No flash

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Th_d1fa445f81b86da354272948d0301bdc
With flash

Silver
Glitter white
White shimmer
Metal
Antique gold
Glitter gold, gold, bronze and copper.

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Th_4e93c60dfdd0a7d82b1fb130b9d3dd00

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Th_c04ed7629148488340adbe5de1d30dd2
No flash

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Th_e1471e188390c78c25783fdb0c31e4c8
With flash

Bubblegum
Fuchsia
Magenta shimmer
Glitter glam
Princess shimmer

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Th_77728ff3bbc76f56dd3934b01ec1a5f3

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Th_56f0a02853786517ab5c2756d5fbb2ea
No flash

FAB paint colors - recommend/ advice - Page 2 Th_9ce809e16c5b7aa5ba9aacb6ab7e3e93
With flash

Dolphin
Ocean shimmer
Ziva blue
Purple shimmer
Lilac
Royale
maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:58 pm

I just realized I didn't order ploppy orange lol
maggie
maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:02 am

I have yet to order Ploppy Orange, Maggie! I want to, but I feel like I would never use it! I only use Starblends Orange for my tigers.

Aw, heck - I think I'll just break down and get it next time I order some FAB!
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Haha Miss Ronnie!
Btw I'm a paradise virgin, never used any of their products so I'll be adding some of that to my list. Any suggestion? Smile
maggie
maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:30 pm

I love every single color of paradise I have.

I never had staining issues except with the colors in the pastel palette I just ordered....but it is sooooooooooo pretty
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Nikki, I have added more of a dozen pots of paradise to a shopping cart, I look...and think...and think some more lol never used it before so not sure if I would like it. I'm sure I will but you never know lol
I did get from Eva a paradise prisma cake, I tried just with a sponge, (needs tons of water right?) should try with a brush.
maggie
maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:17 pm

maybe we could have a jam and you can try out my paints for yourself before you buy!i'm in ct now too Smile

I can just say you will be soooooooooo happy no matter what colors you choose, and I have ALL of the prisma cakes-I thought I wouldn't use them all but I actually use them all at every gig.

try to get a good green, teal, purple, dark pink, light blue, dark red, mustard yellow.

if you can only get 3 for now, go for the teal, the purple, and the dark red.
gorgeous colors.

I will say, ever since buying the small palette, I think I'm going to purchase all of the little ones.they are the perfect size and depth.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:20 pm

also, I don't use a lot of water with mine...I dampen the sponge, but really it gets a good load for me without much water because mine are so creamy-maybe you just have to break it in a bit?...what brand do you usually use?
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Nikki!!! No way! You are in CT??? Where??? Lol
I'm in Trumbull.

I have tag, Dfx and some Wolfe.
maggie
maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:09 am

I just moved to Manchester temporarily Smile
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:27 am

We should plan a little jam then Smile I believe we are 1. 1/2 hours from each other.
maggie
maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2