Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst paints for staining?

+3
Miss Ronnie
daphne78
Kammy
7 posters

Go down

Worst paints for staining? Empty Worst paints for staining?

Post by Kammy Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:35 am

I've added a few brands to my kit since I started, and I've noticed a few of them stain to different degrees depending on the colour I'm using. I wondered if, to avoid them if I want to, other members might post which paints they've found bad (or good) for staining, and the best way to remove them. Do all the stains come off with baby oil/vaseline?

In my case:

Snaz - never had even a tiny stain from these. They wash off like a dream.
Wolfe - green and red are particularly stainy, with black sometimes being a bit troublesome, but they're not too bad.
DFX - OMG Stainy McStainerson! I STILL HAVE GREEN LEAVES ON MY FACE from this morning's very brief session with the Jungle split cake. I have to pick up my son in 30 minutes from nursery, and I look like I have a localised fungal infection!
Cameleon - the light blue on the Snowflake Colorblock takes a good while to fade, which is strange as the other, darker blues wash off perfectly. Odd...
Paradise - haven't noticed any issues, but I only have the Fleur Prisma right now.
Superstar/FAB - Sparkle pink is very, very stainy. My poor son has gone to nursery a bit blotchy. Hope they don't think it's a rash. On the bright side, Line black is very opaque but washes off absolutely clean.

I'd be happy to have prior warning of any particularly stainy brands. I'm very pale skinned, and these things show up on me like you wouldn't believe...

A Very Green-Faced Kammy xx
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Worst paints for staining? Empty Re: Worst paints for staining?

Post by daphne78 Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 am

PartyXplosion Green and Bleu.... but I will get it af with oil!!!
daphne78
daphne78

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-08-22

http://daphneschminkt.webklik.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 am

By far the worst staining "face paint" out there is Tulip (the brand you find in Michael's, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby, etc.) - however, many of us use the Tulip silver - which, oddly enough, is very good and doesn't stain.

I carry a tube of Vaseline in my kit - it gets the worse stains off.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 am

I stuck a bottle of baby oil in my kit. I'll warn parents when I'm using the more stainy ones, or just avoid them, though that leaves me with fewer options for green leaves and would mean I can't do pretty blue things with the Snowflake Colorblock. Woe wouldst be me, and all that.

For a minute, when you said Tulip I thought you meant the Potter's stuff I keep hearing about, and did a Shocked ...then I realised you meant a different brand. I've never heard of Tulip - is it mostly a low-quality brand but with a really good silver? I use Superstar True Silver.
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 pm

What a great idea Kammy! This thread is exactly one I needed.

To be perfectly fair all my paints are snaz and I did find my oldest to sport a rose on her arm for a week but I think it was more due to her efforts to keep it on than that it stained. Also I had a doodle I made that I managed to keep on for 3 days but again it had been a test for staying power not for staining. Come to think of it I managed a sleeve out of a weeks worth of doodles but I touched it up each time.

lady jynx

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:14 pm

My Paradise teal stains horribly, but I love it so much I don't care. I also have found DFX greens to stain pretty badly, but again, I don't mind. It does come off with some cold cream or makeup remover. I just tell the parents, and they are fine with it.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:40 pm

all my paints are Snaz too and while it may not be as bad as some of the others because Snaz does wash off more easily than most, I have the most trouble with Snaz teal for staining. That being said, the couple of times that my kids have been painted with other brands, I am CURSING as I try to wash it off.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by ParTIA Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:31 pm

tag light blue stained my daughter who has olive skin, but not me who has very pale skin- go figure! Worst ever is Tulip! But I agree with Miss Ronnie about their silver Smile
ParTIA
ParTIA

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://www.partiafacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down