Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna from Amazon

+3
chucklor2
sweethavenarts
Melissa(:
7 posters

Go down

Henna from Amazon Empty Henna from Amazon

Post by Melissa(: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Does anyone buy their henna powder from Amazon?

I would really like to order from other sites that you have suggested but I am not comfortable ordering over the phone or sending my information through mail or email.

What other products have you ordered from amazon pertaining to henna?

Thank you beforehand! It is much appreciated Surprised

Melissa(:

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Henna from Amazon Empty Re: Henna from Amazon

Post by sweethavenarts Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:40 pm

I really don't mean to snark, but you are more comfortable giving your money to a faceless corporation than a real person (that I'm sure some people here have met)? While I shop at amazon for a lot of things, for something speciality like this, I'd rather by from a real person.
Not snarking, not trying to be mean, just giving food for thought.
sweethavenarts
sweethavenarts

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2011-06-20

http://www.sweethavenarts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chucklor2 Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:33 pm

I do understand what you mean, Melissa. I once ordered balloons and face paint supplies for our business over the phone from a small company. I gave my debit card information to the person on the other end, and they promptly started using that information to place their own orders over the internet. Because I keep a close watch of my bank account online, I was able to catch it a day or two later, and the bank put a stop to it. They also refunded the stolen money back to my bank account. I'm sure it was that sales person as I have never had a problem before that, and I frequently order over the phone from that company. I believe she was a new employee as I had never dealt with her personally before that, and I don't think she lasted long because I have never dealt with her since.

As you can tell, that one experience didn't stop me from ordering over the phone. I order a ton from Amazon but also from privately owned companies. If you keep a close watch on things, I think you can usually nip it in the bud, and your bank will work with you. I have heard that it is better to use an actual credit card than a debit card. HTH
chucklor2
chucklor2

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-08-23

http://www.relyeafamilyentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa(: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Thank you for your quick replies. I am still nervous but I'll keep an eye on
my bank account like you did.

Melissa(:

Back to top Go down

Post by tamarielpaints Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 pm

I shop amazon ALL the time for personal sundries, textbooks, DVDs, music....but NOT for henna.

IMHO, with regards to something that is not commercially made by someone like proctor and gamble with high levels of quality control - you want someone that exudes an aura of trust and knowledge in their product.

Honestly, I've had SUCH good luck ordering from Henna Caravan. They are polite on the phone, helpful, endlessly patient, and in my experience, scrupulously honest with regards to bookkeeping.

I always pay using paypal. With paypal, the vendor never sees your cc number. As a result there is a double layer of protection: your visa/MC/AmEx fraud center AND paypal's own security safeguards.

I have a paypal account that I set up for Tamariel Paints. It's significantly harder to steal from a paypal account than from a debit card.
tamarielpaints
tamarielpaints

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://www.tamarielpaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laskowski911 Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:00 am

On another note...the only time my bank account has been hacked is after an Amazon Purchase.
Laskowski911
Laskowski911

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-11-08

http://www.heyniceface.vpweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa(: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 am

I have an Amazon prime account. I have never been 'hacked' but the problem for me is an actual PERSON seeing and being tempted to use or sell my cc information. I think the chances of being hacked on Amazon have more to do with the complexity of your password.

I like tamarielpaints idea- thanks Smile

Melissa(:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:40 am

Paypal and Henna Caravan. No brainer. Because henna is natural and needs to be fresh and is best when not full of chemicals, getting henna from a reputable and reliable company run by actual artists that are respected in the henna community....well....it doesn't get much better than that! And you get henna 'tech support'! AND they are Paypal and I deal almost exclusively with Paypal whenever possible. Always safe and secure way to pay with no way of someone scamming you.

I think I can be safe in saying that I do not know of one professional or knowledgeble dabbler that buys from Amazon. AND I personally LOVE amazon, but I wouldn't purchase my groceries from them either! LOL
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ambodyart Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 am

I found my henna supplier via Amazon. I purchase from a husband and wife owned business called Beachcomers Bazaar. I was looking for bottles on Amazon and found their store and ended up going to their website( shophenna.com). I emailed regarding a special package with what I needed and she responded in a few hours, put together an amazing kit, threw in a design book and gave me a great deal. She is a henna artist herself and does it by appointment in their store. I have been ordering from her for 2 years and have never had an issue.

I did just order from Henna caravan, I bought bottles and cream prosaide for freehand glitter and mica.

I think if you find a place you like and customer service is great stay with them.
ambodyart
ambodyart

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:06 am

I did not know Beachcombers B did Amazon and I have met thier owner and she seemed very nice and was at the Henna Gathering. Although I have not ordered from her, I've heard nothing but good things - I just have no personal experience. Learn something new every day!! Very Happy
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down