Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paid by hour and per face ?? Im confused

5 posters

Go down

Paid by hour and per face ?? Im confused Empty Paid by hour and per face ?? Im confused

Post by specialkay Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi Everyone!!

So I'm new to the forum and face painting so I'm super happy I found this site. Anyways, recently I have contacted a lot jobs and gigs looking for a face painter. I got response today for a Halloween festival and I know she'll want me to charge per face but what confuses me is she is asking for my rates and I don't how to respond, she also said there will be other face painters there and we all will divide the profits at the end of the day for the face painting. So I'm bit confused. She wants to hire me by the hour (10 hrs/Day) and split the profits between all other face painters..which I am fine with but how much should I charge for an event/festival like this by the hour or day. Also , I plan to donate some of the profits to the charity of the event.

Audience: Families with children 12 and under

Anticipated daily attendance: 1,500 adults and children total

thanks everyone Very Happy Very Happy !!! Hopefully its not too confusing No
specialkay
specialkay

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Http://Happyfacesandbodyart.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Paid by hour and per face ?? Im confused Empty Re: Paid by hour and per face ?? Im confused

Post by Kat's FacesForFun Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:53 pm

If she wants you to charge per face, then maybe she is asking how much you charge per face. IE: $5 for small designs, $10 for full.. ect. I work a halloween festival-type atmosphere in October as well, and I would not want to work the way you are describing. Each painter is going to have different levels and will paint at different rates. Doesn't sound fair. Maybe she wants to pay you per hour... you give her all of the money and she pays everyone their hourly rate... then she gives you a cut of whatever is left over?? However it is being set up, sounds like the person you need to clarify with is her.

The way MY situation works.... I pay the owner a "booth fee" and then bring in several other painters. It's a sizable amount. The other painters I bring in help me cover the booth rent and then we all keep what we make individually.

Let us know what you come up with! Good luck!! October is my biggest money maker by far!
Kat's FacesForFun
Kat's FacesForFun

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2011-09-12

http://www.facepaintingkat.com

Back to top Go down

Paid by hour and per face ?? Im confused Empty Re: Paid by hour and per face ?? Im confused

Post by specialkay Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:59 pm

wow.. Thanks Katrina!! That was very helpful!! I should check up with her and ask her what exactly does she mean by rates. Thanks for the help!!
specialkay
specialkay

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Http://Happyfacesandbodyart.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ASteele Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Katrina beat me to it. I don't have as much experience as her but the whole thing of sharing profits didn't sit well with me.

Hope things go well for you. Smile

ASteele

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:00 pm

I would just clarify prices with her...I would not want to share my profits with others..and we all have different skill levels...I would just talk to her and found out all the details...maybe she just wants to know you per kid rate....
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:07 am

Or your hourly rate? I would try for an hourly lst before negotiating down to a pay per piece. That way you write a contract & you get paid, no worries about weather, attendance, etc.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down