Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this a good idea?

3 posters

Go down

Is this a good idea? Empty Is this a good idea?

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:57 am

So I'm doing a big festival next weekend, with 2 other face painters working with me at any given time over the 3-day festival. Some of the people working with me have never face painted before, so I'm doing a practice session with them tomorrow. I'm only giving them 10 easier designs to do at the festival to make sure they don't get overwhelmed.

So here's my question...

Since my kit is a lot bigger than the ones I bought for them, and since I'm obviously capable of doing way more complex designs, should I offer a special section on my board for "special designs"? How would I communicate that if someone wants a "special design" they go to me? Should I just wear a different outfit and have something on my board that directs them to me?

I don't want there to be any confusion, but I would like to be able to offer more complex designs that I can do.

Has anyone ever taken an approach like this before?
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Is this a good idea? Empty Re: Is this a good idea?

Post by wmeventservices Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:03 pm

When I work with others, I provide a separate line with a separate design board for each line. Each board displays that artists work. This way, everyone understands that their design choices depend on which line they pick.
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Ditto what Whitney said - even when I can do what they can do, I have my own board - but my line manager sends a few people for the others to me if their line is getting too long and mine is under control. Sometimes though I have 2-3 others sharing the "same" simpler board, but mine is the more complex one. I'm faster though so my line ends up evened out most of the time (either that or people decide they'd rather a shorter line than a complex design). Especially if you are charging more for your designs that are more complex.
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Thanks guys! I like the idea of having a separate/line board. Glad to hear it's worked for you. Smile
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down