Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Eyes have it

3 posters

Go down

The Eyes have it Empty The Eyes have it

Post by PaintedFaces Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:38 pm

The thread about confetti cakes got me thinking about eyes. They are the bane of my character faces. I do a beautifully shaped unicorn or fairy and then the face looks like ... you know... this ----> O.o

Only not as attractive.

I do have one eye that is fine if I'm in not a hurry (see below), but what are your tricks for decent small eyes on wriggly child faces?

I'm sorry, I can't remember whose design this was. This is my painting, but definitely not an original design.

The Eyes have it Cheek-Unicorn
PaintedFaces
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

The Eyes have it Empty Re: The Eyes have it

Post by Luvs to paint Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:55 pm

I happen to LIKE this eye. Thanks for posting it because now I have one that maybe I'll be able to remember! No joke, before a gig I try and remember to paint one on the top of my left hand for reference so my mind doesn't go blank when I need to paint one, lol. If you come up with a confetti cake for eyes, let me know!
Luvs to paint
Luvs to paint

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedFaces Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:04 pm

Hehe, thanks Lorie, I like this eye too. It looks fabulous on my own very still and steady arm. Wink

It doesn't work for a facing front fairy/angel face. They never match and half the time end up just being different sized dots. There must be a trick, surely. Maybe a stamp? Very Happy
PaintedFaces
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ester K-D Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Ooooo yes.....can someone create the following....a thingy like an old fashioned cake icer...you know the tube with a plunger...you put icing in the tube, set in the plunger and press the icing out of your choice of tips?? well, how about a device with an end like the 'holder' in a drill....a nozzle that twists open to large round or can turn the other way for tiny round...inside is gooey white face paint....a 'spritzer' (some kind of trigger or pump) at the other end allows you to spritz out a small amount of white paint...that is the same size as the hole/aperture you have chosen. You dicide on a size....put the nozzle where you want the eye to be...spritz "instant eye" the one beside it will be EXACTLY the same 'cause you didn't change the opening. If the spritz wasn't dark enough....or doesn't show on that colour...give it another spritz or let them dry a bit and spritz again.....wouldn't that be GREAT!!??? anyone out there want to make a prototype??? (Patent pending??? Smile )

Ester K-D

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down