Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mehron metallic powder

+2
Metina
seekorka
6 posters

Go down

Mehron  metallic powder Empty Mehron metallic powder

Post by seekorka Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:15 am

Distributor in the Czech Republic (Europe), argue that mehron metallic powder mixed with just enough water.
Shall not be imported to us mixing liquid :-(

Does anyone have experience with just mixing only with water? It has the same effect?
I would not unnecessarily invest my money.
I want to use the color for full bodypainting (not just only for the facepainting, lip gloss, eye shadows, etc)

Thank you for all of your advice and excuse my english Wink
seekorka
seekorka

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Mehron  metallic powder Empty Re: Mehron metallic powder

Post by Metina Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:59 am

Hiya,

I will contact Mehron and get their take on this. Thanks!

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seekorka Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:10 am

Thank you Metina.

I think that the supplier of mixing liquid ever know. In addition, claims that the goods are Mehron, but without labeling bottles and sell it under the Eulenspiegel. Which I do not understand.
Paints offers quality and ok, shipping is speed. But this is really weird.

He claims that the photo is for illustration only, and I do not buy any fake maybe.
http: http://shop.kreativnisvet.cz/B2C/Metalicky-pudr-Zlaty-14-g.html?listtype=search&searchparam=metalick%C3%BD%20pudr
seekorka
seekorka

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:33 am

Mehron metallic powders can be mixed with water if being applied by brush or sponge. It can also be mixed with a silver face/body paint to add shimmer. When mixed with water, It may not have the lasting power of being combined with mixing liquid though. I also would not use the powder in your airbrush when mixed with water. I would be afraid it would clog (but other more experienced airbrushers may have more insight on that).

Mehron  metallic powder Tinwom12

Here, the tin woman's arms and neck were done with metallic powder and mixing liquid. Her face was done with wolfe fx silver with mehron powder (and water) mixed in. You can't see the metallic sheen as easily in the photograph as you could see in person, but she really looked like she had silver leafing all over her body and face. The little boy's face was done with wolfe fx silver with mehron powder and water. I did it this way because a chemical in the mixing liquid was reacting with the chemicals in the girl's hair (at her hair line) and it was stinging her a little. To avoid any future discomfort, I opted to do her face with the paint with the powder mixed in. I didn't want to use the mixing liquid on the little boy because I thought it might be too strong of a chemical for his 5 year old skin.
Becky521
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seekorka Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:47 am

Hi Becky, thanks for your advice and information.
I really understand the Internet that can be applied only with the mixing liquid. Combination with water, I have not found anywhere.
Thank you for reassurance, so I'll try and try to order according to your advice.

Do you have any experience as to yield a powder bottle? Sufficient for the whole body, or even more?
seekorka
seekorka

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:37 am

I was able to do everything not covered by the above costume 5 times (4 nights of photo shoots, 1 performance) and only used about 1/3 of the powder bottle. I used about 3/4 of the small mixing liquid bottle.
Becky521
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:20 am

I have the mehron powders and even 11 of the the special gem powders.
and I find with water they flake not initially but it happens.

if you have to I would recomend mixing them with the closest colour paint . the colour dosn't come out as intense as just the liquid but it is more vivid than water and flakes much less.

Now another little thing I have learned is... it works good and vivid with the eyeliner sealer from American body art. hold up well too.
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 pm

The real trick when mixing with water is to do so slowly to avoid the mixture clumping up. In this fashion the powder really can clump up and become unusable. Go slow and mix well. Mixing with water make the powder paint more easy to smudge. Rub a finger over it and you'll see the powder paint. The mixing liquid make it set fast.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CATZ Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:40 am

I use Mehron's silver metallic powder with Kyolan's metallic silver paint and it makes for the most intense silver coverage Very Happy

That was a tip I received from Lucie Brouillard
CATZ
CATZ

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-10-04

http://www.CATZfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down