Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shimmer Body Art

5 posters

Go down

Shimmer Body Art Empty Shimmer Body Art

Post by Lacey's Faces Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:16 am

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Shimmer Body Art. I ordered a kit from them a few weeks back and after i ordered it i realized it wasn't Glimmer (they sounded alike and i made a mistake boooo) and i want to cancel the Order. well Shimmer gives you a number to call and it's just a automated number that hangs up on you after telling you to go to a website. You go to the Website and it tells you to call the same number that you called to get to the website....
I'm soo frustrated. Since then i have ordered the $116 kit off of YBODY but i definitely want to cancel the Shimmer Body Art order but they just don't seem to be able to be reached.
Lacey's Faces
Lacey's Faces

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Back to top Go down

Shimmer Body Art Empty Re: Shimmer Body Art

Post by vegas mom Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:23 am

They seem to have a 30 day money back guarantee. If you paid by credit card you may be able to dispute the charges same as with PayPal. Also on their site there is an arbitration agreement when you order. The company name is listed at the bottom. You could do a search for a different number. Good luck.
vegas mom
vegas mom

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2011-11-06

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Wand-Face-Painting-and-Glit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey's Faces Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:39 pm

So i checked their arbitration agreement, called the number they gave and it was the same number i've been calling that hangs up on you telling you to go to their website.....
After a TON of research on the internet i FINALLY found a number to talk to an actual person and cancelled the order. they definitely do not make it easy to talk to them that's for sure.
Funny thing was while i was on the phone and she was taking down information i heard another guy int he back ground talking to another customer who was definitely complaining and he was trying to calm her down lol.

Lacey's Faces
Lacey's Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by vegas mom Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:43 pm

woo hoo! maybe you could post the number here just in case it happens again.....
vegas mom
vegas mom

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2011-11-06

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Wand-Face-Painting-and-Glit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey's Faces Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Great Idea!

The number to reach Shimmer Body Art is 1-877-228-8951
Lacey's Faces
Lacey's Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:03 pm

cute avatar for the 4th of July!!! I love you
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi_o7 Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Try faketoos.com, they have grate stencils, and they are cheaper than glimmer, the delivery cost is $1 and they usually take 4 day to arrive your home, if something happens is very easy to talk with them, they are in Utah area. Very Happy
vivi_o7
vivi_o7

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2011-02-11

http://fancydesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EileenF Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:33 pm

What's funny about them is they are indeed copying Glimmer to a "T". Same mini kits, everything. Stencils.... Never says anything about what kind of glitter. And there is no place on their site to re order refills... Unless you get a kit. Look up reviews, users say after they purchase a kit, other numbers start calling them to sell stuff. Saw many posts about that. Im not worried at all about them being sold on TV. I saw a post where some are worried about them being sold on TV. Nobody should get discouraged.
EileenF
EileenF

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey's Faces Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Yea that's what got me hehe, i mixed up shimmer and glimmer so that part was my bad but wow, shimmer is almost impossible to get a hold of and i too got the calls wanted to sell me more things like gas cards and what not. lol.

I'm just glad i was able to finally cancel with them and get better stuff. I also looked into Faketoos and i will definitely be re-ordering stencils through them tho. I love their choices and costs are not bad at all.
Lacey's Faces
Lacey's Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey's Faces Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks Ronnie Smile
Lacey's Faces
Lacey's Faces