Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shimmer powder

+8
Sweet Loretta
Kristal
Criss
hannah scrivener
colormyworld
Metzpah
Metina
reneec808
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shimmer powder Empty Shimmer powder

Post by reneec808 Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi, First of all, I love it here at fpf..I have learned so much..thank you so much. I have a question on shimmer powders..well two questions..Does any one use them? and What colors do you recommend I start with? There's so much colors, I don't know what to buy...I see that silly farm has Modern Magik...Thanks again, Renee (The Twingles)
reneec808
reneec808

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Shimmer powder Empty Re: Shimmer powder

Post by Metina Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:58 pm

I bought the Snaz Powders at one point, but was so darn paranoid about the case tipping over that I just couldn't bare to open them on a job.

I wish they made a pressed set of shimmer powder, or maybe they do. I need to see what else is new out there. It would be nice to use these on really hot days.

Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:24 pm

I use the Snaz "GlitterArti" powders - I open the jars and set them with their lids in a plastic tray ($1.00 each from the dollar store for the tray) - they are held in the tray so no chance of tipping or spilling. I have a few blush brushes (the ones that come with the retail blushes) and set them in the tray.

I have purple, blue, pink, orange, yellow, green and white.

To use I dip the brush in the pot, then tap it on the lid to shake off the excess, then apply.

Use for lots of princesses and adding to other designs for sparkle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:58 pm

I like using powders! I have not been at this long enough to say for sure what colours are best. I pretty much have purchased as I come up with an idea and get the colour I need to create it. I use the mehron precious gems, metallic powders and ben nye lumiers pressed powders. The precious gems have a little sieve top that does not let too much out at once. I use the pearl the most, next opal, then diamond. I use it like a base for fairies, or as a finish like glitter. The pearl I sometimes use to even out a white base or give it a glow/sheen. I often use the copper and silver metalic powder too. I find it has an interesting soft effect using as a powder, rather than using the mixing liquid, really completely different use. the lumiers pressed powders are like expensive intense coloured eye shadow. I like the way they blend, but they are a bit softer then paints. The fact they are a pressed powder is nice at when they tip, they don't spill Smile
Metzpah
Metzpah

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metzpah/sets/72157608680393072/

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:31 pm

Hey thank you all for the help, I think I'm going to just buy a few shimmer powders and see how I like it. I have never heard of the mehron precious gems Metzpah. But you got me hooked into trying it...I recently purchased the Kryolan interferenze and wanted to try that out first..Mahalo......
reneec808
reneec808

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:38 pm

I couldn't wait for my Interferenze..I purchased the Mehron precious gems in pearl, opal and diamond..Katherine do you use a special brush or sponge?
reneec808
reneec808

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 pm

Make sure you posts some pics!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:13 pm

I will, Im working on photo's...
reneec808
reneec808

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:49 pm

no nothing special, larger brushes or foam applicators (like what is used for pressed powder eye shadows), depending on the level of spread-outed-ness/ detail/ control/ area to be covered. the Larger less delicate the application, the bigger the brush.
I do hope the pictures turn out! Like glitter, it is sometimes hard to tell if it's really there in a photo : /

Smile
Metzpah
Metzpah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:26 am

I like the Snaz stuff - cheaper and nice and bright.

I have a princess that is made from using purple or blue for the eyeshadow, pink for the blush, then face paint for the crown, with silver added to shine up the colour of the crown, pink face paint on the lips with a little pink powder on top... ta da...

The little girls love it, it is super fast and simple...

Back to top Go down

Post by Metzpah Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:46 am

I have to admit the mehron and ben nye is pricey, but where I work does not supply any snaz products, and I do get a discount Smile
Metzpah
Metzpah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:51 am

Well... I do have several MAC pigments if we want to talk pricey!! Laughing

I don't waste those on kids but save for special projects - like calendar body painting shoots or competition stuff...

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:29 am

I haven't done any princess faces yet..I have a birthday coming up soon and I want start...Sahannon, are you talking about the snaz glitter powders that you use for your princess?
reneec808
reneec808

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:29 pm

Yes, the Snaz "GlitterArti" glitter powders. If I want them really shimmery I'll dust the whole face with silver, then pink cheeks, blue or purple (their choice) for the eye shadow, then face paint the crown (with jewels) and the lips, then add other powder as highlights on top of the paint in the appropriate colours ... it is a very fast process.

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Shannon..it's you..I have your book...I love it...Oh my gosh..daaa..It's only now I realize this..This is what happens when you're stuck on an Island..no exposure...I am so excited..sorry..ummm, ummm..I don't see any princess in your book..oh, oh..you need to publish another book. Thanks for all the tips..Now I need to call Heather and add to my order...
reneec808
reneec808

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Laughing Laughing Okay, hi!!

No, no simple princess in the book - I did paint some but Gary rejected them (he rejected lots of things!)

I do have an e-book in the pipeline which we hope to have out this summer - part one is being proofread and I'm working on photos.

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:46 pm

I can't wait...
reneec808
reneec808

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:57 am

Metina,
I have downloaded some photos, but how do I post them..I see next to my gallery to click here and an X..I thought it would allow me to go directly to my photo's..unfortunately I can't..
reneec808
reneec808

Back to top Go down

Post by colormyworld Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:02 am

The link there takes you to a page that explains how to direct link your gallery. A little confusing, but doable Smile.
colormyworld
colormyworld

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-06-23

http://www.sporktacularcreations.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:15 am

It's really confusing..I have all my photo's here on my personal gallery..no catagories..I really don't understand how I should obtain my link..sorry I'm new at this..
reneec808
reneec808

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:57 am

Renee, I can take care of linking your gallery once you set one up. Go to the "Gallery" area that is across the top of the forum, between Portal and FAQ. Click on "Your Personal Gallery". There is an Upload pic button that will allow you to upload your pics. Once this is done, pm, me and by clicking the "PM" button with my name and I will link your gallery.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah scrivener Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:52 am

hi i am a face painter and just read these posts about powder paint, is it any good, ive always used water based paints and would like something better!! thicker and nicer colours? any suggestions? i heard face painting pens can be okay, have you tried them>?

Hannah
hannah scrivener
hannah scrivener

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-12

http://www.funkyfairyparties.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:29 am

Hannah, try snazaroo. It comes in a cake form, works with water and so gentle that kids can eat it, (if they have to Wink lol)
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:00 am

Haha, that reminds me of the homemade play dough my mom would make - pretty much just flour, water and salt, so we COULD eat it - wouldn't hurt us! - but ick!!
Kristal
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:27 pm

I wonder... if we were stranded on a desert island with our kits... Could we survive eating Snazaroo???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next