Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spray? before painting?

4 posters

Go down

spray? before painting? Empty spray? before painting?

Post by SmileyBee Faces Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:12 pm

So my aunt was telling me that they went to a bday party and they had a facepainter there. She mentioned that the lady sprayed something before she painted on every face. has anyone ever heard or seen this before?
SmileyBee Faces
SmileyBee Faces

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2012-02-17

Back to top Go down

spray? before painting? Empty Re: spray? before painting?

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:32 pm

She sprayed something on their FACES? If so, I hope it was just water, and her way of cleaning each face before painting it. Shocked

I've never heard of any sprays being applied prior to painting. Some painters use a barrier spray on the body (not usually the face) to keep the paint in place during performances.

The dark recesses of my mind hope she wasn't spraying cooking oil on their faces so the acrylics would come off later... *shudder*
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Yes, I know some people "...always spray w/Mehron Barrier Spray." I did buy it when I started working weekly @ a bounce house, also recommended " to prevent the face paint from coming off right away." I did this on older kids (tweens) who were sweating. At the beach, I did use it on a teen who wanted her eye design to last till she went out that night. She was painted just before she went home.That day we were outside at the ocean and it was HOT! I mostly did glitter tatts.
I went to FABAIC recently. When I asked Mark Reid at a pre-day class if he used it @ the HOT, HOT Texas State Fair he said "No way, never... It's temporary, after all." My feeling...the barrier spray has alcohol in it, so I think it's just asking for trouble. I DO use it on myself when I paint my arm pre-gig to keep it from smudging.I have had 2 parents ask me for it @ the bounce house (probably because it's used locally). I just told a fellow FPer she could have my unused one.
A few times I saw people on FPF recommending or asking about using hair spray. I wouldn't use that at all on someone's face either. BOY, good thing I paint faster than I type!!!!!!!!!
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Mehron Barrier Spray is good stuff. Use it under or over, or both, for the makeup. If I were doing a major event with pro models that needed sweat resistant makeup, on the face and or body, I'd maybe use this method. I would not spray a barrier on a kids face. Yes. too much alcohol. Same for Green Marble, No Sweat, Fixier or whatever. There are other methods like Mehron's ProFace.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down