Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You KNOW the face painter is unhappy when...

+46
Tineke
Katurah
TheGildedCat
Melesia Palu
Rebons
Sneezle
MoMoMac
amy from the ville
PNColwell
Walela
Sandie
MasterpieceFacePainting
Letmepaintyou
Creabella
lorikenh
Valerie A
PaintedFaces
OtterGirl
rthling
eva
CottonKandyClown
Psalmbook
a face painting mom
Mehndi Masala
Face Painting by Jessica
Becky521
l!zzie
FugitiveFromMediocrity
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
girlbyjuly
vivi_o7
Caswell Designs FP
acarreon
JJJJJ
leapinglizards
Taradoodles
Affordable Face Magic
Kat's FacesForFun
artyfacesbyluz
Astrid
Luvs to paint
fesspenter
Denise Cold
elantaura
martha
Miss Ronnie
50 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

You KNOW the face painter is unhappy when... - Page 2 Empty Re: You KNOW the face painter is unhappy when...

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon May 14, 2012 7:44 pm

You think like an evil genius, acarreon... and I like that in a person Twisted Evil

Some of this stuff you just cannot make up....

Like, how many times have you been sneezed on a had snot fly out of a kid's nose and land somewhere on your person? affraid
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

You KNOW the face painter is unhappy when... - Page 2 Empty Re: You KNOW the face painter is unhappy when...

Post by acarreon Mon May 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Buahahahahaha!!!! Why thank you very much!
But I've never been sneezed on! Just boogers picked out and wiped on me! scratch
acarreon
acarreon

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2012-04-14

http://lexisskinvas.wix.com/skinvas

Back to top Go down

Post by Caswell Designs FP Mon May 14, 2012 11:51 pm

Or had a child throw up at your feet, seconds after they leave your chair?
Caswell Designs FP
Caswell Designs FP

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2010-01-15

http://www.caswellfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi_o7 Tue May 15, 2012 12:18 am

OMG!! This looks more like "tales from the face painter crep" haha, I like your mud girls!!!
vivi_o7
vivi_o7

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2011-02-11

http://fancydesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by girlbyjuly Tue May 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Jeez! These horror stories make my worst parties seem super tame. Moose entrails.... yikes.

One of my worst nightmares is a kid puking on/near me, I am suuuuper vomit-phobic and would probably run screaming from the gig!

One of my least favorite things, not much compared to poop and entrails, is really loud music that leaves my ears ringing after a party! Especially if it has f-bombs in it at a kid's party. Happened too many times. Sad I've been meaning to stick earplugs in my kit.
girlbyjuly
girlbyjuly

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-11-08

http://www.facepaintingorangecounty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Wed May 16, 2012 10:22 am

Last party I was at, I was stationed at a really wobbly round table... well you can imagine, kids were bumping into the darn thing every 2 minutes and splashing my water all over the place, including my printed-off designs in photo sleeves... I'm going to have to reprint and cut all of those out again this week!
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Wed May 16, 2012 11:30 am

Arrrrggghhhh!!!! So frustrating and I feel your pain, Janna!

A few weeks ago I had a birthday party that was at a lovely rustic cabin in the woods type inn... they had me set up on the dance floor because that's where they wanted the kids to play. Well, great idea in theory... except the dance floor was wooden and apparently the floating type... 24 kids running around constantly on that floor made me feel like I was painting inside a bouncy house. Have to say, my work sucked that day Rolling Eyes
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by acarreon Wed May 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Oh man Ronnie I would of been puking on the kids feet instead if the other way HAHA! silent
acarreon
acarreon

Back to top Go down

Post by FugitiveFromMediocrity Wed May 16, 2012 7:31 pm

We could collect horror stories & publish a collaborative book. Maybe even include photos of BAD face painting & step-by-steps of some weird creations.

We'll call it "Battery Acid for the Face Painter's Soul"

Whattaya think?
FugitiveFromMediocrity
FugitiveFromMediocrity

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Wed May 16, 2012 7:38 pm

FugitiveFromMediocrity wrote:We could collect horror stories & publish a collaborative book. Maybe even include photos of BAD face painting & step-by-steps of some weird creations.

We'll call it "Battery Acid for the Face Painter's Soul"

Whattaya think?

LOL!
Astrid
Astrid

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-12-03

http://www.easyjourneyart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by l!zzie Thu May 17, 2012 4:08 am

I would definately buy that!
l!zzie
l!zzie

Number of posts : 2256
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.detiskwant.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Thu May 17, 2012 6:16 am

Miss Ronnie wrote:

Like, how many times have you been sneezed on a had snot fly out of a kid's nose and land somewhere on your person? affraid

Only once - but I've only been painting for a year!!! LOL!
Becky521
Becky521

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Http://fantasticfacesbybecky.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Thu May 17, 2012 6:23 am

girlbyjuly wrote:

One of my worst nightmares is a kid puking on/near me, I am suuuuper vomit-phobic and would probably run screaming from the gig

Me too! After a year of therapy and anxiety meds, I can FINALLY care for my oldest daughter when she has a tummy bug without having a panic attack. My husband still has to help me when our younger daughter is sick though (she rarely makes it into the bucket). Emetophobia is a REAL disorder and more people have it then you think! I can absolutely agree, being puked on/near is one of my biggest fears too!
Becky521
Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Thu May 17, 2012 7:54 am

Fugitive, that is the funniest book title and concept! I'd buy it too!

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Thu May 17, 2012 9:19 am

Becky, I didn't know there was such a fear... I am surprised you can even talk about it!!!!
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Painting by Jessica Thu May 17, 2012 9:23 am

I got a gig through an inflatable company with a school for fun day... hundreds of kids showed up, one painter, 4 hours.... the event coordinators INSISTED I share my paint with the volunteer helpers, I insisted no. They took it upon themselves to disperse it anyway. Needless to say I had to put in an order for an entire kit the next day.

Thank god for some of the nice painters on here who helped me out Smile
Face Painting by Jessica
Face Painting by Jessica

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2012-04-12

http://www.facepaintingbyjessica.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Thu May 17, 2012 9:31 am

Jessica... Hard lesson learned. I'm assuming you didn't INSIST that the event coordinators replace your kit. I am appalled at how people treat our business and products as though we walked off the street with a $1.99 drugstore child's watercolor palette.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Painting by Jessica Thu May 17, 2012 10:09 am

Oh contraire, Miss Ronnie, the school will indeed be reimbursing me $200 and I covered the rest. I was disgusted with how the inflatable company treated the issue - I called after the event to explain about a reimbursement and was told that they basically won't do s***. They wanted their cheque mailed and I had to deal with it myself.

It was at that point that I decided to deal with the issue under my own business name. I think they should've been the ones to work out arrangements with the school, not me. So I figured if they want me to do it, I'll do it my way... Is that bad business? I think it's just Karma..
Face Painting by Jessica
Face Painting by Jessica

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2012-04-12

http://www.facepaintingbyjessica.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat's FacesForFun Thu May 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Oh my goodness Jessica! If anyone tried to touch my paints I would seriously lose it. I would probably look a little ferral and people would know I was serious. That is MY kit. NO ONE touches it!!
Kat's FacesForFun
Kat's FacesForFun

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2011-09-12

http://www.facepaintingkat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala Mon May 21, 2012 1:23 am

OH wow! Your patience is really epic! I think I would have snapped if I told them 'no' and someone grabbed stuff off my kit! That would be the same as someone insisting they had the right to dig in my purse and parse out my wallet and makeup!?!?!? I cannot believe the nerve!!!!!!!! I've had someone puke at my table but I kinda saw it coming so luckily we had a bucket and she waited until I was done hennaing her! Ahhhh...drunk patrons - always make for an interesting evening!

Last edited by Mehndi Masala on Mon May 21, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky521 Mon May 21, 2012 6:36 am

Friday night, I took a 10 minute break to eat a snack and use the restroom. It was a 5 hour gig. In those 10 minutes a guy came up to my friend who was painting with me and said he heard we needed more painters and sat down in my chair to "help". Well, first of all, the chair is for the KID to sit in, and NO ONE touches my stuff without permission. Thankfully, my friend told him, no we are hired by the school to be there, those paints belong to us, and I was only going to be gone a few minutes. He wandered off quite irritated. ?!?!? Next year, we WILL need a 3rd painter. Our line gets longer every year, but I gave out some coupons to the last 10 or so families in line (for a small percentage off of a 2 hour party during my slow months) which thrilled those families.
Becky521
Becky521

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Mon May 21, 2012 8:32 am

Cat and Moose, ewwwwe. I had a dog pee on my fat max, and a couple of weeks ago, was outside and the dog kept taking dumps all around me. The hostess took mulch, and covered them. By the end, there were little mine fields all around. Why not pick it up, or better yet, put the dog up? And WHAT were they feeding him? I swear, there were six piles, it was a two hour party. What dog goes six times in two hours?

I swear, almost every week I see something else to put in my contract. Not that anyone reads it. Last week, I got to an event, and SHADE and rain protection is in my contract, or they have to rent my tent and pay me to put it up. Get there. No shade. Oh, I did not read that....duh. So, they get me a tent for this tattoo event. Everything is fine. At the end, some boys come up, and ask if I still need my tent, and I said, yes I want it until I am done cleaning up. So, they ask for tattoos, I gave them to them, stand up to start packing up, and away my tent goes with the boys...Um, did I say, "no, take my tent, but let me slap a tattoo on you first? This must have been the woman with the pooping dogs son.

If I am ever puked on, I think I will die. Can't even think about that one.

pale
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon May 21, 2012 9:09 am

I have a feeling this thread will run into the next decade.... Laughing

Yesterday, I had a wonderful birthday party for 3 year old triplet girls... so stinking cute.

HOWEVER.... I gave a "last call" for face painting (not in those exact words, mind you) and the next thing i know, a father comes up carrying his son, Andrew, who appeared to be 5 or 6 or 7 and had some form of cerebral palsy. He set Andrew down by himself in the chair. Andrew's face was all wet from his constant drooling. Thinking quick, I told the father that I could do a glitter tattoo of a Mickey Mouse silhouette (hand drawn, because I only bring tattoo stencils for the birthday child(ren))... It was quite the challenge to apply this tattoo to the boy's arm because he was unable to keep it in one place and extended for me. But Andrew had the biggest, happiest smile of all time and I was determined to give him his tattoo.

Well... half a dozen baby wipes later (for me, not him) I got that sucker on his arm. But the scene played out like this;

Apply some glue, streams of drool drip on my fingers... yuck...
Baby wipe, please!
The drool keeps coming in CONSTANT long strings and drips....

Apply more glue, drool drips on hand...
Baby wipe, please!

Glue... drool on fingers again
You get the pattern...

I was drowning in drool. I got drool multiple times on my fingers, hand, dress, shoe, down into my shoe on my toes.... ewwwww!!!!

The father sat in the chair nearby and just laughed and smiled and gave Andrew encouragement and instructions. "Wipe your mouth, Andrew", "Keep your arm straight, Andrew".... Obviously they are encouraging Andrew to do for himself... but not one apology for the drooling. What was I going to do? I was not going to talk about it in front of the child, as he was too happy to get his tattoo.

It like any other thing; if it's your child, you don't mind cleaning up the poo, pee, vomit, drool, etc.... But it is not the same when it comes from a stranger, no matter how cute and adorable they are or how sympathetic I feel. It was, by far, the grossest thing I have had to encounter to date.
tongue tongue tongue

The hostess did give me $20 tip beyond my 2 hour fee... so i guess i can be bought!!!
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by acarreon Mon May 21, 2012 9:17 am

You are a trooper Ronnie! You will never be given more then you can handle! I love you
acarreon
acarreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Mon May 21, 2012 9:39 am

fesspenter wrote:The second birthday party I ever did professionally, I was placed next to a stinky cat litter box.
The lady had two cats.
They had frequent, foul-smelling, loose stools.
Their kitchen, where they moved me to smelled even worse.
Dad was boiling something in a big pot.
He was doing something with moose entrails from a recent hunting foray.
When I left, I felt I could smell cat diarrhea, burning moose fur and boiled moose fecal matter for days.

LOL!

This is not face face painting story, but many years ago someone talked me into being a rep for a Scrapbooking company (you know the one... selling items in ladies homes...). Well, my 1st party the lady had like 30 cats (the house stunk of cat & cigarettes). She did not have a/c & had fans blowing cat hair everywhere. I opened my mouth to say my opening statement & breathed in a giant hairball. I proceeded to choke, cry & sneeze through the whole presentation. No one bought a thing.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next