Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurance the cost of replacing your kit

4 posters

Go down

Insurance the cost of replacing your kit Empty Insurance the cost of replacing your kit

Post by billiebcc Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:53 pm

I've looked through the multiple insurance topics here but I'm still a little confused.
We recently had to switch our homeowner's insurance and I've having to change where my facepainting isurance is through as well. It seems most individual policies don't cover the cost of a replacement kit. How do you handle that and where is your policy through?

Thanks in advance!
billiebcc
billiebcc

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2011-11-05

http://www.angelwingsbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Insurance the cost of replacing your kit Empty Re: Insurance the cost of replacing your kit

Post by barbb919 Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:35 pm

I have my insurance thru speciality insurance its in wisconsin...its entainers insurance..and some go with others..there is a thread on insurance on here some where. several of us here on the forum use speciality..but ck out the others also...specialty is 220 a year..oh and by the way the new year for their insurance starts april 25th
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Insurance the cost of replacing your kit Empty Re: Insurance the cost of replacing your kit

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:18 am

I get mine from HUB Insurance (through my Clowns Canada membership) and I am able to add a "contents" rider to my policy for kit replacement. I've added $10,000 for kit replacement which effectively doubles my premium. Now, that wouldn't even cover one tenth of what I have as "kit" but it would get me started again.

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:49 am

Wow Shannon! I was feeling like I have way too much stuff with somewhere around fifteen hundred invested in my stuff last year getting a kit started. Thanks to you I can ease my conscience a little when I see something else I "need".
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:08 am

Scary, eh?! I tried to calculate the cost of my beauty kit - which is a large fishing tackle box by Plano.... I got through the lipsticks and was already at $2000...

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:35 am

LOL! Yeah, makes me real protective of my "babies" whether they be sponges, paints, glitters, or brushes. I almost have a whole separate kit for "helpers" so they don't mess up the "good stuff".
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by billiebcc Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks Barb, I've contacted Specialty and they don't actually replace the cost of your kit if something were to happen to it. Our agent is looking at a rider to our homeowners right now but I was wondering at like other, like what Shannon quoted.
btw thanks Shannon! Smile
billiebcc
billiebcc

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2011-11-05

http://www.angelwingsbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:43 pm

You've got me thinking now.... I mean, what if.....

1) You get in a car accident and your whole kit/set-up is destroyed
2) Someone spills beer all over your open paints (poor Suzy Sparkles!)
3) Lightning strikes your FatMax and melts it into a pitiful (but colorful!) blob

These are things to think about. I want me some kit replacement insurance!!!!!
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down