Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nipple Covers?

+4
Metina
Amanda H.
LoneWolf
Criss
8 posters

Go down

Nipple Covers? Empty Nipple Covers?

Post by Criss Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 am

What's the best kind to use? Where to find them?
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Nipple Covers? Empty Re: Nipple Covers?

Post by LoneWolf Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:07 am

I got these http://www.facepaint-uk.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/nipplew.jpg

They are good. At least that what model tells me. I haven't seen other kind, except for the one Yolanda Bertram makes. They look fun =)

Try in lingerie shops.
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.lone-wolf.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:53 am

thanks LW Very Happy
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda H. Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Try looking under "breast daisies/Petals". For some reason if they are under this heading they are considerably cheaper than nipple covers.
Told this by UK body painters who found that a national underwear chain was selling something that was all but identical to "nipple covers" supplied by body painting suppliers for approx half the price Very Happy

Amanda H.

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-18

http://visage-design.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:55 pm

I use ProSheilds from ProKnows... http://www.pro-shields.com/ I bought mine from Dotsy's in Toronto (she bought up the stock from another on-line store that was going out of business - I bought lots!)

They are re-useable which is nice, IF, a big IF, I get them back I can clean them up to re-use.

I like them as they are FLAT... and if you size them right for the model practically invisible!

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:05 pm

Ok, I found the daisies, plus another kind that look like the pro-shields? Are the pro shields silicone or gel filled? They weren't called proshields.
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Proshields are just flat "rubber" not soft, not gel, not filled with anything... if you look at the girls on my corporate body painting page you can see them...http://www.shannonfennell.com/bodypaint2.html

The Kokanee girl they actually fit fairly well. The Red Bull gal in the corset... they didn't fit her as well - there is a little pucker in the rubber.

I did not have a chance to "size" the girls before they arrived for painting so did not have all the sizes and shapes available so had to make do with the best fit I had.

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Next question: lol could i order some and get them by the 19th? Or do you think i should order some to use the next time and use what i've found?
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:09 pm

19th? You should be able to get some by then... that's 10 days.

Dotsy's had some but I don't think they are on the website - phone and talk to Shelley, OR Liz Small MIGHT have some at Puttin on the Glitz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:16 pm

Can I just say that I giggle every time I read this topic's title! Too funny!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:17 pm

You shoulda seen me asking around my small city of Lethbridge...."excuse me, do you have nipple covers?" HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks Shannon, i'm on it Very Happy
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Judy Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:35 pm

Criss wrote:You shoulda seen me asking around my small city of Lethbridge...."excuse me, do you have nipple covers?" HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks Shannon, i'm on it Very Happy

Probably send you to the baby section right??
Judy
Judy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-08-01

http://www.facefx.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:20 am

Tried to.....but i must have given her the eyebrow, cuz she stopped, looked at me and then I said "perhaps lingerie?" hahahaha
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:10 am

Try buying g-string for men... You get some really funny looks! And then direct you to the nearest adult shops. But there they only carry them in like gold or leather. I can't paint on top of that. *lol*
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.lone-wolf.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by glendaoneill Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:21 am

LoneWolf wrote:Try buying g-string for men... You get some really funny looks! And then direct you to the nearest adult shops. But there they only carry them in like gold or leather. I can't paint on top of that. *lol*

Or in the shape of an elephant!!!!!! elephant affraid lol! lol! lol!

Glenda Twisted Evil
glendaoneill
glendaoneill

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 am

Yikes!!!

Even our Target and Wal-Mart have the daisy/flower nipple adhesive covers that work, although I think the ProKnows are higher quality definitely. I guess the decision point for me would be if professional photos are being taken of the body painting or will it be used for marketing or advertising. The salesclerks will usually figure it out if you explain it is like a bandaid to prevent nipple show thru under t-shirts and it is typically carried near the bras in the lingerie dept. I even found them a few times at the Dollar Tree (granted not as great a quality - very thin - and hard to peel off the backing - and more prone to dimpling - but they worked and the paint went over them well- but at eight for a dollar perfect for the practice session or short term night club work!)

It is tougher to find the perfect thong or g-string in my opinion than nipple covers.
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:26 pm

I found some at wal-mart (daisies) but was still kinda wondering about the gel ones? Thanks Wyndyo

Anyone know about the gel ones?
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:47 pm

I painted over gel ones... on my body painting page, the blue horse... she was wearing them when she arrived to be painted (this was at a jam) and I think she said she got them at a lingerie store. Flower shaped and squishy - but Fardel painted over them fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 am

Very Happy that is exactly what I wanted to know, thanks Shannon, it's like your read my mind lol what lil of it i have left anyways
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcatfin Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:19 pm

I have gone back to the sticker type ones shown 1st on here - I had several models complain about the feel of the pro-shields (not just when I used them) and TBH a lot of the time the pro shields big flat shiney space made it more noticeable they had them on when painted!

There is a brand I got off Ebay here in HK I am trying to find again, similar to those eyelure ones already shown on here but actually an even better material. More sort of fibre-papery texture, closer to skin, and not sort of dimpled like a plaster. If I find them I will say, i sold most of my personal stock to other painters at the Welsh festival!

But try fashion shops, chemists etc, they all do them. Oh, and for some reason, shoe repair shops..

Cat x
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:54 pm

I find that the Fardel flat colour covers the ProSheilds pretty well, and oil based make-up completely covers them for photography... but yes, they can show up quite obviously... that's what PhotoShop is for!! Nipple Covers? Icon_wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:46 am

mmmmh a shoe repair place? lol cool, i'll check around and see what I can find. Thanks
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down