Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pearl black tag/ metallic black dfx

+6
Pepita
Jody Rife
LoriSamson
Miss Ronnie
barbb919
FantasylandSuz
10 posters

Go down

Pearl black tag/ metallic black dfx Empty Pearl black tag/ metallic black dfx

Post by FantasylandSuz Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi everyone, Ive been looking to extend my kit a lill bit and came across these two brands of pearl/metallic blk.
I usually use dfx black and paradise black for my linework but thought maybe a little sparkle/sheen in the linework could look quite pretty, especially for butterflies/princesses and such but my question is are they worth it? Do they come out dark enough and if so which is best?
If anyone could show me any pics/tips I would greatly apprieciate them!

Suz
FantasylandSuz
FantasylandSuz

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-02-14

http://www.fantasylandfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Pearl black tag/ metallic black dfx Empty Re: Pearl black tag/ metallic black dfx

Post by barbb919 Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:29 pm

dfx metallic paint is really nice...
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Pearl black tag/ metallic black dfx Empty Re: Pearl black tag/ metallic black dfx

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:30 pm

I got a TAG pearl black as a present and tried it out last week... It is great! Ended up using it instead of my Wolfe black (I was at an adult party as I don't use Wolfe black on kids!) - great flow, looked nice and solid, smooth... really nice with a subtle shimmer. Did a Batmask with it... nice and black.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 am

I use TAG Pearl Black... LOVE IT!!! Very Happy
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriSamson Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Oh Darn!.... just added it to my ongoing wish list. I just got my neon tag yellow/pink and I'm going to try it out at my skating gig this afternoon. Sooooo many things to try. I've seen the pearl black but thought it would be too light for line work,too. So glad you guys like it and now I MUST HAVE IT!!!
LoriSamson
LoriSamson

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-01-04

http://www.faceartcreations.vpweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm

I love the Tag pearl black as well. All the Tag pearl colours are amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Looking forward to trying it. Glad you posted this thread. Smile
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepita Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Oooh, there are so many paints that I'd like to buy, I struggled to convince myself I didn't need a metallic black...my efforts are now ruined Laughing , I'm going to need one !
Pepita
Pepita

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-10-27

http://www.pepita-pop.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:10 pm

I've heard that the TAG Pearl Black also washes off easily... which would be a HUGE improvement on the Wolfe Black... but, sadly (or not) I wasn't witness to any removal attempts! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:03 pm

I have the DFX metallic black. It isn't as BLACK as my Wolfe but does wash off well and it's easy to work with.
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Seahorse101 Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:09 am

I got the metallic black/red tag split. I love it. It makes a great spidery but big enough to use the colors individual.
Seahorse101
Seahorse101

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:28 am

LoriSamson wrote:Oh Darn!.... just added it to my ongoing wish list. I just got my neon tag yellow/pink and I'm going to try it out at my skating gig this afternoon. Sooooo many things to try. I've seen the pearl black but thought it would be too light for line work,too. So glad you guys like it and now I MUST HAVE IT!!!

I know right?? My ongoing wishlist is so long that if I bought it all, I'd be almost $1500 in the hole... pale
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by FantasylandSuz Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks everyone, Im going with tag as I have lots of tag split cakes and love the consistency of them Smile Ill let you know how I get on Smile

My wishlist is ridiculous! Its so far £220 but thats not everything! Just stuff Im defo going to buy, it was arounf £600 before!! Shocked
FantasylandSuz
FantasylandSuz

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-02-14

http://www.fantasylandfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:04 am

I remember Clayton saying he liked it back when TAG was just coming into the states Smile
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down