Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge!

+23
freedspirit
Jody Rife
Fabtastic
Geekophile
SuzySparkles
CSaxton
Beans
Lilipadella
Who B What E
DazzlingDisguises!
pintafun
jennvangogh
rthling
lollyjean
Rae
Anita's Faces
l!zzie
Psalmbook
AshleyMarie727
michellesfantasyfaces
elantaura
Pilareta
Metina
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Vote Now!

Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 23 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 22 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 21 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 117

Poll closed

Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 Empty Re: Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge!

Post by Fabtastic Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Oh dear I thought I still had time to vote, I just now saw Metina's reminder post that she did this morning in the One-Stroke FB group. Guess I missed the deadline. Sad Oh well, I'll be sure to vote next time.
Fabtastic
Fabtastic

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.fabtastic.ca

Back to top Go down

Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge! - Page 2 Empty Re: Vote for our winner--Holiday Whimsey Challenge!

Post by Jody Rife Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Don't know when it's over but I feel very honored to be in the top 3 at the moment. 3rd place is great when the competition is so fierce. Smile Such great talent on here every time. Very Happy
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freedspirit Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:52 am

Jody you got my vote,, for me it was between you and Michelle,,Wicked Angel design, Loved them all !!!!..I must grow some courage to enter one day.
freedspirit
freedspirit

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.facecreationz.net

Back to top Go down

Post by clowngirl Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:04 am

woops, I've left it too late to vote but if I could it'd be for number 16 Smile

clowngirl

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-10-26

https://www.facebook.com/Lulu.Clown?ref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:54 am

Geekophile wrote:Yeah, lets not start that- invite all your friends and family to join and vote for you in contests. That's not nice. And certainly not in the spirit of this forum.

AGREE!!

Congratulations Manja - very pretty design.

Rae
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:49 am

Geekophile wrote:Yeah, lets not start that- invite all your friends and family to join and vote for you in contests. That's not nice. And certainly not in the spirit of this forum.
I missed the vote I guess (I've been seriously slacking on the scroll bar lately- only breakroom and general for me> lol!) Amazing designs. I'm in love with Totoro myself!

Thanks, glad you like my Totoro! I love you
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 am

Ok. I was away in NYC this weekend and am just getting to this.

We have our winner, but since it was so close I am awarding 2nd and 3rd prize as well. Additionally I want to apologize for the FaceBook comment. I only assumed you guys had loads of other facepainters like myself as friends and would encourage them to vote-NOT family and friends! That would be a HUGE no, no.

Manja: 1st prize: $25 gift code
christelize: 2nd prize: $15 gift code
Jody Rife: 3rd prize: $10 gift code

I will pm these out sometime today or tomorrow!

-Metina

Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Oh, that is so sweet! Thank you Metina. Smile Those 1st and second place winners will definitely go into my inspiration file! Great work ladies! cheers
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manja Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Ooohhhh, dear... confession time. Embarassed My dear daughter is a budding face painter and has her own fp business in Washington, not affiliated to mine. She took it upon herself to get people to vote for me for this contest. It was a "surprise". I did not know she was doing it until the very last minute. When I told her I didn't feel right about it, she said, "But Metina even said to get on fb and invite your friends to vote, so it's all good, mom." I checked and sure enough...

Now, after reading the comments on this thread, I feel really bad about it and want to forfeit my prize to the second runner up, who by all rights would obviously have taken 1st place had my well-intentioned daughter queen not rallied to get me votes!

On another note, I want to say how I personally have been voting for these Step-by-Step contests. I look for the best duplicable SBS design, which is not necessarily the best show of talent. I mean, some of the designs are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!, creative and absolutely fabulous, but... even with step-by-step photos, you'd have to be very advanced to duplicate them and/or some of the designs are not what I would consider "useful" to most face painters, meaning, that most of us would not ever find a use for the design in our business.

Question So, the question I have is, what are we looking for when we vote? AND... What are we looking to produce for the contest? Is this a BEST DESIGN (overall talent/skill/creativity) contest or a BEST SBS Design contest? To me, they are two different things and I would vote accordingly AND I would enter different designs, depending... does that make sense? (Personally - if this is a talent contest, it's no contest for me! LOL! Because it's obvious that I would never be able to compete with the talent on this forum. Some of you are way out of my league!)

I'm just looking for clarification because I'm relatively new to this forum and have only entered a few contests over the years. Snaz's contests are all about Best Design, with separate SBS contests running. So the intent there is very clear. I'm just a little fuzzy on this one.

I apologize for my daughter's breach of conduct in rallying votes for me in this contest. It won't happen again - I promise.

Manja

Manja
Manja

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2011-06-25

http://www.shiningfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Thanks so much for the honesty. I will award accordingly to

christelize: 1st prize: $25 gift code
Jody Rife: 2nd prize: $15 gift code

I will also try and give more clarification, but everyone has to take the time to read the directions and the rules as well. Thanks!

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 pm

That was nice of you to be honest Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by flopsietheclown Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:23 am

Manja, your honesty makes me want to donate money towards a FPF Shop gift card for you!
flopsietheclown
flopsietheclown

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2010-11-10

http://www.ClassicClown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manja Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:22 am

Well, ladies - it was either be honest or go crawl under a rock. Smile And I appreciate you guys too much not to say anything the minute I had my "uh, oh" moment.

This forum is such a source of inspiration and support to me, I would never want to take advantage or offend anyone in any way. Everyone is generous with encouragement, sharing designs and expertise, sharing ideas, giving constructive criticism, making suggestions... there is no place like fpf any of us can go to for a fraction of what is offered freely here.

I may be 50 years old, but I am never done learning or growing in character as well as in skill. So, please know that I would appreciate anyone telling me straight up if I am ever doing something wrong or offensive. I don't want to do anything wrong, so I welcome correction! Thanks in advance for being forthright with me.

And thank you for your grace and understanding. Flopsie - you warmed my heart and made me smile. That's better than any monetary prize!
Manja
Manja

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2011-06-25

http://www.shiningfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum