Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fashion Show Painting

+2
Lauri Strandell
wmeventservices
6 posters

Go down

Fashion Show Painting Empty Fashion Show Painting

Post by wmeventservices Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:48 pm

Hey guys, I just talked to the organizers of the fashion show I'm doing this month and apparently my paintings are going to have to survive multiple crazy fashion show changes where they run through ripping off the cloths and replacing them with something different. I've used barrier spray in the past and it has worked great, but I'm not even sure barrier spray can survive changes like that when the models don't have the time to be extremely cautious. I was thinking about investing in Mehron powders with the mixing liquid to get a nice solid set, but was unsure of the safety and removal issues that arise. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. I'd also like to attach glitter and jewels on some designs. What is the best adhesive that is going to hold up? The designer won't let anyone but me paint so some of these paintings will have to still be vibrant 14 hours after they are painted. I mean, this seems like mission impossible, but it's for an excellent cause and I'd love to do some great work for them. Please help!!! Oh and all of it is body not face art. They are having a make-up artist come in to do all the faces so asked me to steer clear of them.
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Fashion Show Painting Empty Re: Fashion Show Painting

Post by Lauri Strandell Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Whitney, what about about that post by Changing Faces (I think?) with the krolan tattoo paint, I guess she said it stays on for four days???
EEEK - that wasnt any help, good luck whitney, I'll be looking forwward to the photos

Lauri Strandell

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Terina Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Is there a way to get to see the clothing ahead of time? Then maybe you can design your body art around the clothes. Not saying that will actually help anything, but it might???

I was thinking tattoo paint as well, but, I have never really used it much and so I can't say that it would hold up better. What about Henna designs? Aren't they supposed to last for a long time? Or can you use the ink to make the paint like designs? I don't do henna...well, I was not much help! I am interested to know what you decide...would not use hairspray my hubby did a design and changed several shirts to see if it would last...and it flaked off a lot,
Terina
Terina

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.royalmagicevents.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:03 am

Are they not worried about the clothing getting paint on it? I have some Ben Nye LiquiSet. I will paint my torso tonight, spray, and sleep on it. Unfortunately I don't have a camera atm to show you how it holds up, but I will can at least give you an idea. You are going to use Paradise paints?
Geekophile
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:32 am

Spray Sealer/Fixative should work fine over water based paint - keep the paint as thin as is reasonable (thick thick thick would flake and crack no matter what) - but the sealers work to protect against rubbing as well as water (just not both at the same time for me) - so unless they are wet, just rubbing against clothing won't hurt if they are protected by one of the sealers...... The exception would be if they are hot and sweaty in an area (like their back) and they drag clothing over it - that might (in my experience) have more issues. And ProsAide should be fine as adhesive to hold up - just make sure you apply glue to the skin and to the gem and then press them together.
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:02 am

Good morning! I am surprised to report that the rainbow and lettering is still pretty much in tact. I painted from my breast to my thigh, about eight inches wide. Under my breast is obviously showing the most wear, and the overall colors and lettering are just a bit less crisp. but I would say not bad for sleeping on it six hours and then four hours into the day. It is definately still passable quality. I have to say that, when I put the stuff on it didn't seem like it would work. It made the paint tacky again and took a longish time to dry. (I probably could have dried out a bit longer even, but it was 12:30 and I was ready to put a shirt and sweatpants on and go to bed!) The other thing is that out of curiosity, I put 3 black stripes on my bum and did not spray them to see what would happen-- they look just as good or better than the rest this morning! This evening I will do both sides of my body the same and only spray one half to see more accurately how they compare.
Geekophile
Geekophile

Back to top Go down

Post by wmeventservices Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:51 pm

Sophie, you're such a trooper! My big question Sophie is that if the colors are still vibrant? My major concern is that the colors will fade and not look vibrant in lights on the runway? What brand did you test? I have a kit of mainly Paradise and Tag. Thanks so much for doing that. Does anyone know if there's a big quality difference between ben nye liguiset and mehron barriier spray?
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Yep, they were pretty bright still- just not crisp. It was like I ultra-blended everything and my crisp black lines turned into soft focus. Does that make sense? Now, I just did a light spray overtop of the design to seal it last night. The actual directions are to use it to activate your paint. So I tried that today. At 10:00 I paintd a star on each side of my bumbleberry in Tag powder blue (I figured this would be the ultimate test!). One side activated with water, the other with the Liquiset. Then I pulled on my jeans and went on with the rest of my day. It's been nearly ten hours. I can just barely see the water star, but the Liquiset is still distinct. Wish I had a camera.
Geekophile
Geekophile

Back to top Go down

Post by wmeventservices Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:34 pm

Sounds awesome Sophie. I'm gonna use your method.
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:48 pm

I've painted myself and my hub before with Paradise and had no problems sleeping and waking up with the designs still on. I've seen kids do it too when my booth is somewhere for a weekend.

The Mehron powders and liquid really aren't a great choice as they do flake off easier than other colors, I've found. It's sad actually.

I use Ben Nye liqui-set. I've used tattoo paints and they would do fine. Also, there is a liquid called She-Laq. It's actually made for eye make-up to stay on during runway, dance, etc shows where someone will sweat. It does not come off. It's amazing. I don't know how much you plan on painting but you may be able to use that over your designs.

Good luck! Smile
Lynnie
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wmeventservices Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:56 pm

I'm painting 10 body pieces so if that stuffs expensive, it could be difficult to use.
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down