Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using the Search function

5 posters

Go down

Using the Search function Empty Using the Search function

Post by cassandra Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Does the search function only search the titles of posts? For example, if I use Coral as the search word, I don't come up with any results because it isn't in a title.

Usually, you can search in the body of posts too but if you can do it here, I'm missing it.
cassandra
cassandra

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Using the Search function Empty Re: Using the Search function

Post by Metina Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Use the quick search box on the left to search only topic titles. If you want to search within the posts as well, click the search within the top toolbar of topics(starting with "Home") and it will give you the choice to search topics or within the posts.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:37 pm

I must be doing something wrong or it doesn't work. Try searching for the word 'coral'. I even tried the advanced search.
cassandra
cassandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:28 am

I understand your frustration. Coral is not coming up for me either and I KNOW it exists cause I started the topic. Other things are so.............I will go on to the "help" forum for forums and see if there is a way to optimize the search.

In the begining I was trying to get the gallerys searchable to, with no luck. I will work on this again now that I have more experience.

I think the post you are looking for is under face painting kit.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:58 am

The search feature on Forumotion is currently rubbish. It is due an update soon.
~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 am

Forumotion is what runs this forum, just in case anyone is wondering.

Tilum, is my technological buddie!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:28 am

I otherwise love the way this forum functions (and the people too!).

I wasn't actually searching for coral. I used it as an example because I knew you would know it exists since there was a recent discussion including it. I was really trying to search for double loading brushes.

Thanks Metina. Maybe they will have the update soon.
cassandra
cassandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:20 pm

I would suggest if you want info on a subject is to start the topic. Folks here are VERY forthcoming and willing to help. If you go under the topic of split cakes(face painting kit or general), there is a great video on there that shows double and triple loading brushes.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 pm

I wanted to see if I could find info on my own before I posted. I have been reading the split cake threads avidly. Is that what you mean by double and triple loading?

I thought there was an old fashioned way... pre split cakes method. I just wondered how to do this without getting colors all mixed up on the palette. Yuck.
cassandra
cassandra

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:54 pm

Sorry the search isn't working properly for you. I've not tried it myself so I can't say, but a lot of group search engines don't work for me. So frustrating!

Anyway, about the double loading, you can load your brush with one color and then add a second color for two toned teardrops, flowers, etc. To keep your cake from getting all yucky, you can either wipe the tip on a towel or napkin before double dipping, or keep the cake conditioned so that there's a well of "liquid" paint at the bottom for you to dip into. That helps prevent "cake contamination". tongue
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Thanks Angie. At first, I didn't like having a little well in my cake but I'm really finding it useful now. I guess I just have to get used to prepping the paint beforehand with a different brush for double loading.
cassandra
cassandra

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:03 pm

Also - A wonderful teacher I met also recommended keeping two whites (one for mixing, blending, double-triple loading) and one white "clean" for all your highlighting and white white stuff.

Another person on another forum liked to keep a few liquid paints for "old fashioned" double loading.

Silly Farm has a cool video on loading your sponges with the colors you want - they just used the brush to paint the stripes of color on the sponge and you get the "split cake" look.

youtube has tons of how to paint with the double-triple-loading methods. look up under "donna dewberry", "one stroke painting", "tole painting", "one stroke method"..... the methods can be applied to facepainting easily. Use a michael's or joanne's coupon (40 or 50% off) and get a practice stroke sheet pack which shows the angle of how to hold the brush, which brush, etc....and wipes off for practicing vines, flowers, etc...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AgbFTjLoyo is my favie cabbage rose which I haven't mastered yet!! She makes it look like nothing!!

Have fun!
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:20 pm

I use Fardel liquids for double dipping... I hate getting my paints messy!

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Many thanks for the search tips and link WendyO. That will keep me busy for quite a while. My original youtube search for 'double loaded brush" didn't get me anywhere. Guess you just have to know where to look.

Shannon, I like the idea of liquids for double dipping. What colors besides white do you find essential for dipping? I'm a lazy painter and don't want to spend lots of time prepping cakes. Liquid sounds like the thing for me.
cassandra
cassandra

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:22 pm

I would think white, yellow, pink, and blue for most of what I paint. That would cover most flowers, vines, leaves, and dolphins, waves, sharks, sea foam, flames etc... that I paint.

Good luck! Happy painting Glad I could be helpful..... Happy Easter!!!
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:53 pm

Typically I carry bottles of white, black and pink... 99% of the double dipped flowers I do are white/pink. I have a handful of other colours too but don't usually double dip them - gold, pearl pink, green/gold, blue/gold, bronze. All my liquids are Fardel.

And I have tiny one stroke pots made of left over bits of Kryolan - pink/purple, red/orange/yellow, blue/white, brown/tan, black/grey, lt green/dk green.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down