Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Links posted for FACE PAINTING items on sale?

3 posters

Go down

Links posted for FACE PAINTING items on sale? Empty Links posted for FACE PAINTING items on sale?

Post by Spectrum Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi

I was just wondering what are the rules for posting links for items that are on sale or items you wanted to share?

Like if I saw that a site was selling Paradise paint for $5.00 for one week only is that allowed to be posted here to share with other members? (Just an example)

Just wanted to check before posting. I've seen several things I wanted to share with members over the months but didn't know if we could or not. All of which were face painting related. If anyone knows, please fill me in Smile

Also, can we ask peoples personal experiences with websites that they may have ordered from. (How did you like the service Silly Farm provided?) Just an example
Spectrum
Spectrum

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Links posted for FACE PAINTING items on sale? Empty Re: Links posted for FACE PAINTING items on sale?

Post by Psalmbook Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:23 pm

post it in the breakroom, maybe?
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Links posted for FACE PAINTING items on sale? Empty Re: Links posted for FACE PAINTING items on sale?

Post by SuzySparkles Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:45 pm

If the stuff is being sold in the forum shop, then you cannot post links to other competing stores. Makes sense since Metina pays a lot of money to run this forum (paying to keep ads off so it isn't as cluttered) etc. She also puts a lot of time into it as well... So if you found a good deal on say a practice body on ebay, that would be perfectly fine... If you found some paradise on sale, that wouldn't be okay. Hope that clears things up!! Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Better yet, PM Metina w/ the details & ask her.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectrum Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks Suzy, now what about asking people about shopping experiences at other websites, where on the forum is that allowed. I just want to make sure BEFORE posting it and not corrected afterwards...just trying to play by the rules.

Like if I were to ask what were someones experince shopping at store X, how was the customer service...can we do that? I'm pretty sure people are aware of other places to buy supplies...even though I know we are encouraged to shop at the F.P.F. shop. Just checkin'.
Spectrum
Spectrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectrum Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:15 pm

Smart thinking Psalms, I just know she's busy most of the time so I didn't want to bombard her with questions just in case someoene else knew. I hope you come to the chat this week, we had a lot of fun last time!!
Spectrum
Spectrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Opps, totally misunderstood the question(Don't try to talk to your mother on the phone & read a post at the same time).

The general rule is not to put the website of any competing store on the forum. Like... I know XXX store sells XXXXXXXX paint for $X.XX, but I won't post that here. It'd be like walking into a restaurant & telling the people sitting at the tables that the restaurant across the street has the same meal for $5 less.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:21 pm

I'll try. Last weekend I worked pretty late & then had hubby time Very Happy
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectrum Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Gotcha, as long as she doesn't carry it - I've never been to the F.P.F. shop so maybe I should stop in there and see what's for sale. Thanks!
Spectrum
Spectrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Spectrum, the FPF shop is the best face paint shop out there IMO. It is my 1st stop for anything I need for my kit. If Metina doesn't carry it, then I go to another source. Most people's prices are higher than Metina's once you calculate in shipping & Metina has super hero powers that get your order to you faster than ever thought possible.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectrum Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:48 pm

LOL well since you mentioned the super hero powers...I'll surely take a look! You are crazy but I just so happen to love crazy.
Spectrum
Spectrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down